IGNORED

1970 240Z HLS30- 06026 For Sale (original)

tse4me

On 12/21/2016 at 2:53 PM, S30Driver said:

Very nice!   Three Z cars sitting together in that garage.  Could the 300 a twin turbo?

Yes, it's a TT with 14K original Miles. Not originally pictured is my 88 Turbo SS with 8K miles. I ended up with all white cars without planning on it.

Thanks to all for the comments.

Here are some pics.

zgar4.jpg

zgar7.jpg

zgar6.jpg

zgar5.jpg

zgar3.jpg

zgar2.jpg

Edited by oemz
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Patcon said:

That's a sharp looking engine!

Thank you.

OK, I just did a crazy thing this morning. Saw a 71 series 1 for sale on CL with the drive train/suspension completely removed but included,  VIN# 15652, only 1 VIN# before my 71 series one. Dash is crack free, comes with a flawless original window sticker, warranty booklet/card, paperwork, etc...

I ended up buying it. Guess the color.

Edited by oemz

Cars that are next to each other in VIN # are usually the same colour. So white.

Engine bay looks like it has Mikuni Type R 40mm carbs. I'm guessing on a Mikuni manifold?

I'm 1 short of making a set of 3 of those carbs...

Edited by Gav240z

Cars that are next to each other in VIN # are usually the same colour. So white.
Engine bay looks like it has Mikuni Type R 40mm carbs. I'm guessing on a Mikuni manifold?
I'm 1 short of making a set of 3 of those carbs...

Not sure what I'm doing at this point, went a bit overboard. I've become the Floyd Mayweather of Z Cars minus the millions in the bank.

Yes, 40mm, Mikuni manifold, but to be honest I'm not sure if they're type R's. It was a brand new complete set in the original box I purchased from a guy who bought them in the early 80's but had never installed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Way to go - consecutive VINs - twins!  I wouldn't worry too much about the collection of cars.  I know plenty of guys with more than four cars; and then of course, there's Z-Mecca in Tampa.  You have a great collection going.  Love the triples and the wheels.

20 hours ago, Gav240z said:

Simple sell the Z31, keep the S30Z's ;). You know you want to. haha.

:)

11 hours ago, 26th-Z said:

Way to go - consecutive VINs - twins!  I wouldn't worry too much about the collection of cars.  I know plenty of guys with more than four cars; and then of course, there's Z-Mecca in Tampa.  You have a great collection going.  Love the triples and the wheels.

Yes, definitely cool to have VIN twins, not as cool as your twins for sure. I drove my  71 to go see the car to have them next to each other just in case I didn't end up buying it.

Here are some pic I managed to save from the ad before the seller removed it. Super straight, no rust, quarters never repaired and still have the factory spot weld marks, same with rockers. It seemed to have its factory paint but aftermarket mirrors have been added to the doors :(. Dash is 99.9% crack free, there was a 1/8" or less star shape clean pattern barely noticeable i found. Comes with all parts including #'s matching motor plus a spare L24. Interior is all in place including all body panels, minus front hood and headlight buckets which as mentioned are included.

zgar10.jpg

zgar9.jpg

zgar8.jpg

Edited by oemz
  • Like 1

On 12/24/2016 at 2:41 PM, oemz said:

OK, I just did a crazy thing this morning. Saw a 71 series 1 for sale on CL with the drive train/suspension completely removed but included,  VIN# 15652, only 1 VIN# before my 71 series one. Dash is crack free, comes with a flawless original window sticker, warranty booklet/card, paperwork, etc...

I ended up buying it. Guess the color.

So you are the one who beat me to the punch on this car!  I texted Shawn the seller on Saturday, asking if the car was still available and he texted me back a little later and said: "Hey Steve, sorry but I just sold the Datsun".  Looks to be a great find, Oemz. Congrats!

I've owned two 904 White 240Zs, a '72 and a '71. The '71 had the blue interior that I bought out of Phoenix back in 2007 and then refreshed. I love both the white/blue combo and the blue/blue combo on the '70 and '71 240Zs!  On the '70 and '71 white and blue 240Zs, the blue interiors were far less common than the black interiors.

Edited by lonetreesteve
typo

Hi Steve,

Yes, it was me. It was very close to my house so I had that to my advantage. I remember seeing pic of your 71, very clean Z.  I wasn't a fan of the blue interior until I owned it and got to see it in person. Now, it's my favorite of the interior colors. I've owned all colors and the blue is very special, looks really nice on a sunny clear day while driving.