IGNORED

Would you paint your Series I like this before putting it up for sale?

djwarner

Add me to those who say to just repair the damage and move on.  It will appeal to a larger group of buyers than the BRE look.  The analogy above comparing it to a real estate sale was spot on.  The less personalized, the wider attention from potential buyers.

Dennis

LOL I don't know is it was fat fingers or auto correct, I meant lumber not lumbar. And no I'm not from Maine.

The Camaro engine is an LFX in the 2012 and 2013 model years. An interesting engine in that the exhaust manifold was incorporated into the heads. This reduces the overall width to 21 inches. The 323 HP it puts out will double the stock 165 HP of the MX5 Miata. The NC generation of the Miata will also accept the AT. Working with a company that produces the engine mount and a beefed up differential/drive train that bolts in.

My wife is in a holding pattern right now. She needs a surgery that is done by a facial/cranial surgeon. Most of the work these surgeons do centers on correcting birth defects and thus they don't accept Medicare or Medicare Advantage Insurance. The at fault insurance company seems insistent on dragging this out to a court case and there won't be any funds for the surgery until the case is settled.

I received a nice reply from BRE yesterday. It seems their concerns about protecting their copyright centers around commercial uses, but they need to protect against individuals to prove they have not abandoned the copyright. Because of this, they have established a tribute program for people like me. They will be sending additional information next week.

For those of you who might be interested, Greg Ira of Revtec produced a video of a 240Z production race car with a gray over white BRE paint scheme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f679wAYm37Q  

Edited by djwarner
  • Like 2

I just got the information from BRE in their Tribute Car Program. It is pretty much as I described above. For a nominal fee you, as an individual, are granted a limited license to apply their color scheme, logos, etc to your car. This preserves their copyrights against commercial challenges of abandonment.

Besides being right with the law - and doing right by BRE - you get specific details on colors, stripe dimensions, etc. You also get two decals indicating your official membership in their Tribute Car Program along with a certificate signed by Peter Brock.

• Like 2

I followed up with a question about when the car is sold. A license cannot be given to an inanimate object, but only to a living person. Thus when the car is sold, the new owner must apply for a new license.

If I go the tribute route, I will offer to pay for the new owner's license. 

Still checking my options on the dent removal. In the mean time I have a set of blue reproduction door skins coming Wednesday. I'll be re-skinning the door cards while the car is in the shop.

Edited by djwarner