IGNORED

[2016] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

I believe I purchased this one from MSA a very long time ago. Very bored with it now.

I need a new look. I think I may modify this one.

I dig it, mostly because you don't really see it anywhere.

I'm investigating how hard it would be to replicate the TRA Kyoto Pandem kit that is on GReddy/Sun Kang's Fugu Z, but with sides for factory fenders. If anyone wants to help, hit me up.

The last two Sundays have been spent replacing the clutch due to slipping caused by a leaking rear crankshaft seal. It was a fairly minor leak, but it caused the disc to slip at higher rpms. It took two Sundays as I just can't do the physical work without stopping to rest and recuperate. Fortunately for me my friend Kenny (kens240Z) has a fully equipped shop with a lift and another pair of younger hands. Finished up yesterday and the new Centerforce works great..

Cheers, Mike

• Like 2

On 7/18/2016 at 11:39 AM, Pop's Z said:

The last two Sundays have been spent replacing the clutch due to slipping caused by a leaking rear crankshaft seal. It was a fairly minor leak, but it caused the disc to slip at higher rpms. It took two Sundays as I just can't do the physical work without stopping to rest and recuperate. Fortunately for me my friend Kenny (kens240Z) has a fully equipped shop with a lift and another pair of younger hands. Finished up yesterday and the new Centerforce works great..

Cheers, Mike

I am going to have to do the same project one of these days. I have an oil leak where the gearbox mates to the block.

It is either the rear engine seal or the front transmission seal. Both are origional. Clutch kit is over 20 years old.

Just going to replace both seals and a new clutch kit as long as its apart. A 2017 project for me. No time this year.

Doing too many other things on the Z this year. As well as driving it. :)

When I rebuilt my FI 280 I went #3 from advice from a mechanic, I wish I'd put it #2 though.  On my 2.4 rebuild I recently finished I went with #2.  Tom Monroe's book says use #2 if you run a ground cam.  Glad to here your confirmation. Thanks!

Oh yeah, we have the same head and grind I believe.  I haven't put mine together yet and am running the freshend up e88 until I can rebuild the e31.

Edited by siteunseen
info

46 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I'll go out on a limb here and say they are the original motors from his collection and a spare.  B)

Love it! You can never have too many parts! Well maybe, but I'm not there yet...

• Mike locked this topic