IGNORED

sweatys rebuild

sweatybetty

finally!! car is running good. got the webers synchronized and it seems that all the jetting is fairly good, but i wont know for sure until i get it out on the road under a load. 

one sensor for the front 3 cylinders and one for the back 3. this is at idle

DSCN0246.JPG

Edited by sweatybetty
  • Like 3

@sweatybetty

I have a quick question for you. We are painting similar color Datsuns and I have a little trash in the base coat. Did you sand any of that out before you cleared? Did you respray based or just clear over the light sanding? Since the color I am shooting is not metallic, I would think a little light sanding at 1000 grit wouldn't hurt, but I hate to experiment with expensive paint

Alright an update for posterity. I tried to sand out some small bits with 1000 grit but that didn't work. Paper fouled badly. Then went to 400 grit and it still fouled as well as ball up and stick to the surface, making more defects. I don't catalyze my basecoat so that is part of the problem. Took a lot of wax and grease remover to get it straightened out. Then shot more BC then cleared the 2 fenders and the hood. My 2 cents...

im still waiting on parts interior parts :angry:, and the engine is pretty much done, so i figured i may as well get the rest of the body work done. tried finding inner fender seals, not much luck, and $30 each? no thanks. did a little searching and found this at slum depot. $14 for 16 feet of rubber seal

DSCN0247.JPG

DSCN0249.JPG

i ended up trimming the 90* end off, leaving about 3/4" and the 45* angled part. a bit of weatherstrip adhesive and i have new fender seals for a lot less $$$

DSCN0252.JPG

DSCN0253.JPG

DSCN0250.JPG

DSCN0254.JPG

fenders are on. still need a little final adjustment, but looking good

DSCN0256.JPG

• Like 3