Thanksgiving Day - Canada - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Thanksgiving Day - Canada

Featured Replies

Wishing all of our good friends in Canada a most Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks! What do you get when you put a 28 lb turkey and 20 hungry friends and relatives together?

post-11371-0-85132400-1444677114_thumb.j

Nothing but enough scraps to make a pot of soup out of.... What am I supposed to eat for lunch for the rest of the week now?.. Good thing I love my friends and relatives.

Happy Thanksgiving!  Obviously, I'm familiar with the USA version of Thanksgiving, but I know nothing of the traditions and history of Canadian Thanksgiving.  For my benefit and in an effort to raise the cultural awareness of your Datsun owning neighbors living south of the border, fill us in on how Thanksgiving came to be in Canada.

Dennis

Edited by psdenno

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Happy Thanksgiving!  Obviously, I'm familiar with the USA version of Thanksgiving, but I know nothing of the traditions and history of Canadian Thanksgiving.  For my benefit and in an effort to raise the cultural awareness of your Datsun owning neighbors living south of the border, fill us in on how Thanksgiving came to be in Canada.

Dennis

I'll let our friends at wiki-impedia explain Canadian Thanksgiving. Not too surprising.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving_(Canada)

I'll let our friends at wiki-impedia explain Canadian Thanksgiving. Not too surprising.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving_(Canada)

 

Interesting reading.  Especially the part about how during and after the American Revolution, American refugees who remained loyal to Great Britain moved from the newly independent United States to Canada. They brought the customs and practices of the American Thanksgiving to Canada, such as the turkey, pumpkin, squash, but no tights.

Dennis

  • Author

 

 

Yes we all wear tights and carry batons on Thanksgiving :)

 

 

 

We really need to see the pictures!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.