Reproducing HeadLight Covers input needed from the community - Page 4 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Reproducing HeadLight Covers input needed from the community

Featured Replies

I thought you were talking about the covers and rings missed the word scoops in your question.  LOL  Yeah of course I have headlight scoops, how else could I make the molds? I made the molds using the scoops on my 71.

 

#1 rule of the intrawebs, never assume anything :) Anyway, looks like you are well on the way to making a excellent product so props to you.

Hey metalman! Great work on the covers. I know there was an attempt over on hybridz to replicate them but it appears that project came to a halt. I hope when these are done your let all of us who have followed your progress you give us first crack at a set.

I have two early 71's and one will for sure be stock and the other a play car. Please let us know when you have finalized the covers. Great work!

Wayne

  • 2 weeks later...

We will be reproducing them within next 8 months, it will be 1971- production type.

So stay tune!

Jay Ataka

Mounting hardware is available just like original ones. And head light cover set will be available in late Spring.

Mounting hardware is available just like original ones. And head light cover set will be available in late Spring.

Jay, do you have an approximate price point set for your headlight covers? Thanks for what you do to make the NLA available.

Dennis

  • 3 weeks later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder if there would be enough interest in having multiple lens options? Maybe a clear set and a smoke set? Or yellow etc.....

 

I think I would be interested in a smoke and clear set. Maybe even "race" set of block offs!

I would be most interested in non-clear covers since I will paint them anyways.  Ideally, they wouldn't need gaskets either if the fit is decent.  The ones I currently have on my 260Z race car need the gaskets as the fit isn't great.  

Jeff,

Would you be interested in these?

post-3383-0-50714500-1446587978_thumb.jp

Jeff,

Would you be interested in these?

Yeah, those are cool.  Are those a retail item or did somebody take a splash mold off of clear covers?

 

I was considering using my clear covers to make fiberglass covers.

Edited by Jeff G 78

Bought them at a garage sale.  They must be retail.  The outside is a gel coating.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.