IGNORED

To Dream the Impossible Dream (Redwing's Z cars)

FastWoman

Site... you're a good son. I applaud you.

How to get the emoticons on your text here?

That's the thing about being "good".  It's a curse in a way, they ask me to do stuff, I do it the right way.  They never stop asking me to do stuff.  Same thing at my job, do something good, do it from now own.  :(

• Like 1

Jai, the two red hoses on the side of the engine DO have fuel in them, and one of them might be under pressure (actually should be).  However, gravity will not favor the fuel just pouring out until the tank is mostly empty, as would be the case with the 3/8 line under the car where you're going to put the Fram G3 filter.  Also, the fuel pump would not be running (as you would/should have the ignition off and the key in your pocket!), so the pressure should only create a small spurt of fuel (maybe a big spurt with those garden hose thingies... dunno).  What I do when I remove a pressurized hose is to wrap a rag around it to catch the spurt of fuel, so that it doesn't shoot into my eye.  No big deal.

Edited by FastWoman

• 2 weeks later...

I visited Jai (pronounced "Jay") on the way back from Zcon15. I looked at her 240z and will make a thread later on that. On her 280z she had me pull the plugs and make pictures while I was there.

post-22019-0-74029600-1437692708_thumb.j

This is viewed from the spark plug side of the engine #6 is on the far left and #1 is on the right

• Like 2

The red hoses aren't what i had feared, but they still need replacement with fuel injection rated hoses -- at least the high pressure one from the filter to the fuel rail.  And if there's also a red hose before the filter, that should be replaced too.  The pictured hose should be fine for the fuel return line.  With our systems running at only 36 psi, it's perhaps not an urgent matter, but it should be tended to.

I visited Jai (pronounced "Jay") on the way back from Zcon15. I looked at her 240z and will make a thread later on that. On her 280z she had me pull the plugs and make pictures while I was there.

attachicon.gif20150719_155300.jpg

This is viewed from the spark plug side of the engine #6 is on the far left and #1 is on the right

What is the compression readings?

Plugs look typical for a motor that could have 250000 miles on it.

I am sure miles is unknown as usual . May have never been apart.

That is how strong they are.

But at some point.....

Edited by lumens