IGNORED

Oil pressure uneven

jeanp

those little "condom" caps are a must. the keeper groove in the valve stem is cut sharp and it's really easy to tear or slice  the seals as they slide past. i saved one that came in a pack of seals i bought for my previous head, just in case - and it was a good thing b/c the new seal set that came with my re-build gasket set didn't come with any... not sure if you can buy them alone, but you might be able to make some out of a drinking straw cut into short sections if it's the right diameter - heat up one end with a flame and shrink it to start the seal over top. 

What do your plugs look like?  It would be interesting if one is rather oil-fouled and the others are OK.

Interesting about the valve stem condoms.  Not having those, it should be pretty easy to put some cheap (and thin!) heat shrink tubing over the end of the valve stem.

Isn't Datsunparts LLC that outfit that sells major assemblies (engines, cylinder heads, etc.) that are very pretty but mechanically very shabby?  Or am I thinking of some other vender?  The location (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) seems to ping my memory.  And now he's changing the name to California Datsun?  I wonder why.

Edited by FastWoman

Ok got the time to heat her up and take compression

as for the plugs

they all seem ok maybe #5 a bit darker (i did color tune my carbs last week and back SU was rich before so may be

residues not burned yet.) And while heating her i noticed bllue smoke after idling so i start to think those seal are no good.

I will check that wipe patern info.. not sure i understand exactly waht it is.

Well not much from the guy will need to send him either the engine or the head. Problem is i am in Quebec (eastern Canada). so I think i will have resolv this myself.

Or have a good old mechanic look at it. But before that i will change all oil seals. And i want to check Wipe patern put i cannot find anything on how to do this.

Anyone have measurement info??

pull off your valve cover and take a look at the wear pattern on the upward facing surface of the rocker arms where the cam lobes wipe across them.  the wear marks should be centered in the rectangular pad. 

And if there not need to Increase or decrase lash pad tickness.

Before i ruine my cam.

Ok Z-head Thank's for the link on cam wear. But please stop torturing me with this wrong decision i made going DPLLC. I did put that engine in was cheap and tought

it would keep me driving the car till i am ready for the real thing under the hood. (Not that i need the car i got 4 other cars)

But i am doing my resto mod keeping it drivable. And the Engine and tranny are the last i wanted to do.

Rear end is done can take over 300HP braking is good to. Suspension i have all the parts for a coilover conversion

that i plan on doing next winter. then i tough engine work. I know you guys are more in the all original but

when i bought the car i already had mods for track like roll cage R200diif 280Z (79/80) read disk, Racing 2 piston front calipers.

proportioning valve.

I will keep you informed.