IGNORED

'72 240Z Rebuild

siteunseen

23 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Well crap!  Everything was going so good, hooked the motor to the hoist to get a measurement and realized it it was low on oil and wouldn't max out.  Now I have to fix the hoist or borrow one.  I think I'll just start drinking and deal with it tomorrow. :D

You all have a nice weekend.

Sounds like a plan.....alcohol makes everything better Cliff.....think I'll start myself!:beer:

• Like 1

On 4/15/2016 at 4:56 PM, motorman7 said:

I had to drop my motor in with the hoist on the right side of the car.  Tried to go at it from the front, but the two legs of the hoist hit the lower control arms of the front suspension.

You right about that! They barely hit the A arms. Instead of lowering my front I'm going to put 4" solid concrete blocks under my front tires. Once the weight of the motor gets on there it'd lower them even more. Luckily I have a high ceiling down there and that gives me plenty of space for the hoist.

When I did my 280 I went to the out side of on tire but I had someone pushing it over, unlike this time. 

Cliff, if you look at me pic again you will see what I use. I have double stacked 2x10 ramps to lift the car so I can fit the floor jack. They work great for many things. Each ramp has a shorter board nailed on top of a longer board and both are cut at a 45 so it's easier to drive the car onto them. My race car is lowered and then the tires are about 1.5" shorter than stock to getting a jack (or hoist legs) under the car isn't possible without them. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

"Beale St"??? in the shop overhead?

The general contractor I worked for, for eighteen year's, did a big job for the IRS compound in Memphis after 9/11 securing the place. I spent a lot of time in BB Kings bar on Beale St.  I like Bourbon St.better though.  Stayed down there off and on for ten years.  Worked five Mardi Gras at Mango Mango daiquiri bars. Living life and having fun!  Construction is dead after the first of the year so I'd go down to New Orleans for a month and make good money and good relationships, short ones to; the best kind back then. LOL

They loved my "good old boy" personality. I made great tips, yes ma'am and yes yes sir, you know what I'm talking about too!  8^)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeff G 78 said:

Cliff, if you look at me pic again you will see what I use. I have double stacked 2x10 ramps to lift the car so I can fit the floor jack. They work great for many things. Each ramp has a shorter board nailed on top of a longer board and both are cut at a 45 so it's easier to drive the car onto them. My race car is lowered and then the tires are about 1.5" shorter than stock to getting a jack (or hoist legs) under the car isn't possible without them. 

Good luck!

4" blocks will work right? Then I'm raising the rears too.

Thanks Jeff.  You could buzz down here in that 996 and oversee my work. LOL

• Like 1