IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

A local friend is doing a 76 as well. It is going full tubular frame and RB26. He had already installed the Bad Dogs (tack welds) before the decision to go tubular so he will be cutting them off. I will be buying them off him just to increase the frame strength and cap the floorpan supports up to the new front frame rails from Zedd Findings that I haven't installed yet.
IMG_2148.thumb.JPG.b3a1b34d6a84c5035a7f1

Gotcha.  The reason I asked is that I would be concerned about water getting between the two rails and promoting rust.  For what it's worth, I did not wrap my frame rails and my car is stiff as hell.  I have a Datsun Spirit motor that is easily giving me 250 hp and don't see any issues.  You are replacing formerly spot welded frames and floors with continuously seam welded parts.  Your car will be significantly stiffer than stock even without the bad dog rails.   

• Like 1

Gotcha.  The reason I asked is that I would be concerned about water getting between the two rails and promoting rust.

I have a healthy fear of the dreaded rust as well. Everything will be sealed, protected and waterproofed as best as possible at all stages and areas of the car...

Plugged two mysterious holes in the spare tire well. No idea why they had been put there....!
Placed ceramic backers in behind the holes then spot filled them in...
I will finish them along with the rest of the bodywork. Fibreglass filler for all the possible pinhole areas that have been welded.
IMG_3892.thumb.JPG.ecbf12a3a6c70f6c8e083
IMG_3893.thumb.JPG.78716414a4729596a03f6
IMG_3894.thumb.JPG.2ae10671be16d37ee13ce