IGNORED

Thinking about installing an BMW M6 engine in my Z

grannyknot

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't posted much lately as I have a deadline to meet, my painter Jody says I have to get the car up to him by this coming weekend or he will have to bring in a 4 month mustang job so I'm pushing a bit. Washed the car down with wax & grease remover before sanding then thought I would also try my favorite all around cleaner Methyl Hydrate, as you can see they both target very different types of contamination.

This is W&G remover, the area was cleaned with a fresh cloth a 2nd and 3rd time until the W&G remover cloth came away clean.DSCN1320.JPGThen with Methyl hydrate,

DSCN1321.JPGThen the car was sanded down with 80 grit and washed again with W&G remover.

The temps dropped just before I was ready to start spraying the primer so had to go pick up an 80,000 btu heater to warm up the cold end of the shop, only a $100 on sale so not too bad, and this sucker pumps out the heat, shut down all the heaters before spraying.

DSCN1322.JPGDSCN1323.JPG  So, 2 coats of direct to metal epoxy primer then let it cure for about an hour and started the seam sealing. Now I know this looks like one of those funky German art cars from the 80's but it couldn't be helped. Tomorrow I'll finish the seam sealing on the interior then get the 2 coats of single stage urethane paint on the bottom and interior. Jody is going to do the rest of the car in base/clear but I wanted the bottom and interior done before it leaves my shop.

DSCN1324.JPGDSCN1326.JPGDSCN1325.JPGDSCN1327.JPGDSCN1329.JPG

• Like 2