IGNORED

Stopping by to say, "Hi!"

Arne

Arne, do you get the feeling you have been missed? Great hearing from you!!
Yes, I do. And that is a bit humbling, as I don't think of myself as being particularly special, just wordy.

Hi Arne,

Your former Z is still in the great shape as it was when you sold it. Enjoying every minute when i take it out for a ride.

Thoug...smashed my heel the other day (clutchfoot) so i want be able to drive it my self for some 3 months.......

But my friends steps up as drivers so i can enjoy the ride from the passenger seat :-)

True story, Jeff. I apparently hit the timing just right. In Oct. 2011 when I sold the 240Z to Terje, I had no trouble finding several decent 911's to look at for what I got from the Z plus a couple grand. Today, that same amount won't buy squat for a 911. I figure prices have gone up 25% at least in the past 30 months. Don't know if this is a bubble that will burst eventually, or the new normal.

No matter, I have mine now. May be the only one I'll ever be willing to afford.

Hi Arnie......I've had 2 911's and one 912.....always came back to the Datsuns cause they were so much easier to work on. There is a special feeling to driving the 911, sound and smell looking over that invisible hood and those VDO gauges. The rear engine is very cool also....makes the front end so responsive. Good to hear from you again. BTW....eggshell is my favorite color on the 911....don't think they made many in that color.

Guy

Edited by Diseazd

Guy, so far the car hasn't required much work, and what work it has needed has been quite doable. There are quirks involved in working on a Porsche, but I don't mind. Nothing I haven't been able to handle myself, so far.

The eggshell color (Porsche called it Chiffon White) is a bit uncommon, and—judging from the comments of others—widely admired. I'm not crazy about it myself, but as with buying a decent 240Z, you buy your Porsche based on condition, and accept whatever color that gets you.