IGNORED

[2014] What did you do to/with your Z today?

Arne

Cleaned on a spare valve cover with 1000 grit sandpaper for about 3.5 hrs. Going to try 1500 grit next then go back with the scorch brite pad. Also sanded and polished on two taillights on my 93 chevy Z-71. They look brand new. Don't see why this wouldn't work on some Z taillights.

I displayed my car today at Burlingame's "Cars in the Park", along side my neighbors 240Z. _ Our 240Z's got lots of attention and compliments. _ It was a great time, though there were fewer cars on the field this year, about 235.

Also displayed was a 2004 Ford GT 40 in Gulf Oil color scheme, a Lamborghini, a sweet BRG XKE and a very nice convertible Karman-Gia.

The rest of the field was mostly american pre-war classics, various corvettes, including two 1963 split window coupes, lot's of 60's Novas, Mopar muscle, custom cars and hot rods. _ Chrome abounded everywhere you looked.

My 72' 240Z won a small "sponsor's choice" award plaque. That's the third time in 3 years... _ Not too bad considering all the small nicks in the paint and windshield from being driven. Even had a couple people inquire about my selling it. _ There was another, fairly original looking, 1971 Series 1 240Z at the show. _ A pristine, limited edition, "cream-sickle" 914 got the best foreign car award.

My mistake, you are of course correct regarding the Ford GT. __ The GT was still a beauty, especially in Gulf Oil color scheme! __ My only criticism of the "new" GT is the seat upholstery should have had the small metal grommets, as opposed to fewer, big black plastic-looking ones... __ I'd still take one if someone offered to give me one though! :)

Julio,

I would turn down the offer of a free Ford GT, unless I could sell it immediately and use the money to restore the Zed. IMO, the windows on the Ford GT are just too small, and make the car unsafe to drive with traffic.

Edited by TomoHawk