IGNORED

Rota RB Rims Fitment Question

galban

Leon, did your wheels come from MSA? If so, they are likely +6 since MSA had custom offsets made to minimize rubbing. Mine came from a regular Panasport retailer just after MSA quit selling them, so they are zero offset. I agree that my Hankooks are possibly on the wide side with square shoulders to boot, but the whole stance looks wider on mine. It was lucky that both pictures are almost the same vantage point.

I'd really like to try the 225/45R16 tires next time to give me more front and rear clearance.

That's interesting to know about the custom offsets. I got the wheels second-hand. The PO removed them from his car which he got from a lady that had gotten the wheels 10 years prior, or so. I think the wheels date back to about 2001, or maybe 2003. I'm not quite sure.

To your issue, a shorter tire would put it further from the fender vertically, but I don't imagine there would be much of a horizontal change. I think if you rub now, you'll rub with the 45-series 225s. It'll just take a slightly bigger bump to do so.

I was planning on getting RS-3s for my next set of tires, but now I'm feeling a bit cautious. Gotta go measure clearances...

I just went to order the Rota RB 16X7 +4 front and 16X8 +4 but they said the front cap wont fit on the hub. PoP's you had no problem with your RB?

There is no proplem with the front cap, as Arne posted, i have 16x7 +4 on my car, no fit problems at all.

I would go for the 205/55 on the front wheels to avoid any rub issues:-)

Ksechler, are the wheels turned slightly right? Can't really tell. Looks like you could lose a little caster on the front there if they are straight. Might save a bit of rubbing on turns. Maybe the T/C bushings are shot?

I also believe the 16" tire options outnumber the 15"s in most categories. Just do a quick list of 225/50-15 and 225/50-16 on TireRack if you need proof. With every possible kind of tire checked, in 15" there are 12 results, but with 16", there are 65 results... At 205/50 15 vs 16, 23 at 15", 43 at 16"

And 225/50-16 Yoko S-drives on 16x8 +3 VTO's do NOT fit with a stock front valance rub-on-turns wise... But 215/40-16's do. Lots of choices in sizes around there to pick from to... Not a prayer in 15"

I don't know how you could see a castor issue in that picture. The wheels are not turned and all of the bushings are brand new.

With the 15" vs. 16" issue it wasn't the tires it was the wheels that I had trouble finding. There aren't that many 16X7 or 16X8 options out there with 4 lugs. I'm not saying they can't be found, but I spent a long time looking before I found what I wanted.

I love the way 15's look on my car. 16" panasports would look the business as well.

But I run 15x7 and I think that 205/55/15's look spot on. I plan to pick up another set of these tires for my VTO Lemans and sell my 195/60/15's Bridgestone 960A's. Which are truthfully a great set All season tires I just do not need all seasons here in Texas.

Currently you can get dunlop Direzza's and Yokohama S'drives in 205/55/15