IGNORED

Competition Headers NLA

ksbeta

I have a set of Stahl headers and the only issue I had was the flange is not the same thickness as the stock intake manifold so I had to have crescent shaped shims machined....I was pretty disappointed in that and I hope what I had made up will work, they seem OK but given the fact they (Stahl) have been making headers forever, including for the Z, I didn't even give it any thought.

The nice thing is you send in a template of your head and they build it up from there, mine are very true and I'm pleased. The pipes collect a bit close to the floor and I have an extra sleve as a heat shield to protect the floor. Also, mine did not include a collector so I had to pay extra for that too. But bearing that all in mind, and if I had thought to include the flange thickness of the stock intake, I would have zero complaints, the Stahl headers are very well built for $900.

I came across a guy a couple of months ago around the corner from my shop who does custom builds for people-mostly Japanese cars but there were a few Opels there as well. He hand builds headers and he showed me the base flange he uses for the L6 as compared to an MSA flange (which I have on my car). They weren't even close. His lined up with the intake and exhaust ports perfectly, and the thickness was the same as the intake manifolds.

I don't know what the pricing is, and the guy just had back surgery but if y'all care I can ask him when he gets back in.

I usually don't have much good to say about MSA products, but the ceramic header got from them fit pretty well. The flange was the same thickness as the intake, and the coating seems to be holding up well. Also didn't have any clearance issues. Not equal length, but 300$.

• 6 years later...