IGNORED

Competition Headers NLA

ksbeta

I finally worked up the stones to order a set of these, and just got an email saying they're NLA. I thought I'd seen the P/N in the Nissan Motorsports catalog - looks like I was using the 2010 version. Sure enough, they're missing from the 2012 catalog.

Nismoparts.com - Your #1 Source for OEM Parts and Accessories

Bummer. The MSA ones don't appeal to me and the Stahl ones would require skipping a few meals this month. The search continues.

I've heard they're NLA but was hoping there was still a way to get new ones. They fill out the engine bay pretty nicely! :)

post-19146-14150822628902_thumb.jpg

I'm a header hoarder though...

post-19146-14150822629162_thumb.jpg

I really considered buying a slightly used Stahl that someone was selling on HZ a while back. If you're really patient and diligent in searching, something will pop up.

I just spent a couple hours yesterday down at EMI Racing. Erik showed me a set of "cheap" headers for a 2nd gen ACR Viper - $2,500.00 and they are crap. $900 for the Stahl's is a actually pretty reasonable price. That $900 comparable to a good set of long tube headers for a LS1 Camaro (Kooks).

I suppose when your entry point is a $99,000 Viper instead of a $1,500 Datsun, your price sensitivity to such things is in a different ballpark. Not even ballparks, actually. I'm in the ballpark. They're probably at the Polo Grounds or the Fox Hunt.. .er.... the Fox Hunt Track. ;) Perhaps I'll get there in time!

Your point is well taken, though. I see some others for our cars that are $1,500-2,500. $900 isn't so bad.

Edited by ksbeta

I too thought about buying that NISMO header on nissanparts.cc. I just bought the high flow oil pump. Too bad it's NLA. I've decided to stick with the headers that came with my car, unknown brand, rusty 6-2. Does anyone know who made this or what decade it may be from?

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/exhaust-s30/47169-can-you-identify-header.html

I'm gonna get it sandblasted, paint it aluminum with header paint, wrap it, and call it good.

"If it's on the internet it has to be true".... Did some more search online - including Hank Young's website. Didn't see anything about headers Datsun or otherwise, except motorcycle. Got the impression he could make about anything out of steel though.