IGNORED

My Datsun 240Z

I got 2 weeks " holiday " now.. but offcourse the weather sucks really bad..., it's going to clear up end of the month lol.  Well bad luck haha. 🤣

Did not drive the 240Z much this year, maybe done 400km total. Typical Dutch summers 😪

Edited by bartsscooterservice

• 1 month later...

Have the 240z on the bridge for refurbing the underside. Saw the diff arrestor belt snapped 🤡. Just replaced that 2 years ago. Oh well... Immitation parts..

Does anyone have the original color code of the grey on the rear taillight panel? Original finish was matte? Its going to the paint shop next year for a few spots and the rear deck lid, so might as well do this 

IMG_20230905_141429.jpg

Screenshot_2023-09-05-16-57-17-731_com.android.chrome.jpg

33 minutes ago, bartsscooterservice said:

Have the 240z on the bridge for refurbing the underside. Saw the diff arrestor belt snapped 🤡. Just replaced that 2 years ago. Oh well... Immitation parts..

Does anyone have the original color code of the grey on the rear taillight panel? Original finish was matte? Its going to the paint shop next year for a few spots and the rear deck lid, so might as well do this 

IMG_20230905_141429.jpg

Screenshot_2023-09-05-16-57-17-731_com.android.chrome.jpg

Here you go:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bartsscooterservice said:

MoTip Bumper Verf DONKER ANTRACIET spuitbus 400ml - Snelle Levering - CROP (nonpaints.com)

Looks more like antraciet then dark grey? that color in the link is close to though

I was pretty sure you would not be able to get the same products since they are for North American market cars. But at least you would get an idea of the process. The paint in your link looks to be a bit darker than the one I use. The Ford color is more silvery and has a very fine metalflake. The matte clearcoat removes the shine from the metalflake. Here are two pics of the Ford color, one in the sun and one in the shade so you can compare to your available paints. Hope this helps.

100_4693.JPG

100_4694.JPG

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, dutchzcarguy said:

My 240z has no diff arrestor as it's called.. i made many years ago a steel U shaped part with some rubber Under the original diff. insulator!  This way it can't go anywhere!  (Sorry i got no pic of it)

My 240 needs a complete overhaul and there is laying around a new diff insulator..... 

yeah, but your 240z needs more than that mart, i wouldn't call it " vibration free " when i sat in it years ago. if you want to do it properly you need to invest big bucks in all the old rubber suspension parts etc

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...