IGNORED

My Datsun 240Z

If anybody here has a good readable chassis drawing with the oem measurements please mail me : info@bartsscooterservice.nl

Are you looking for the FSM chassis drawing like the one in post 3 of this thread?

http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/33933-chassis-and-body-dimensions-for-us-240z-available/?hl=%2Bchassis+%2Bdimensions

If need a higher resolution drawing PM me and I could do a high res scan from my printed FSM and send it to you

Mike

Holy Crap Bart! You must have been sick to see that happening! It's something I think about every time I park my car. Hope you can get her fixed quickly!

Yeah I was pretty angry all that work and then this..

The Insurance of the other party is not going to be happy, but that's not my problem, she's going to be fixed the " right " way I am going to make sure of that.

Edited by bartsscooterservice

Thanks Mike,

just what I needed. I gave it to the bodyshop. I will have to wait the result of the expert from the Insurance and then work my way from there. We might have to agree on the amount of money needed for repair first.

I hope when I get if fixed " again " I can enjoy it for a while :blink:  !

Edited by bartsscooterservice

• 1 month later...

A little update: The 240Z is getting repaired work is underway. It was really... really hard to find those spare parts.. I could not find the early style lower valances, but those are getting repaired by a professional body shop.

The Original radiator is also getting a complete new core. It will take a while, but in about 4 months it should be back on the road.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also managed to arrange repair weld in rocker panels and the lower part of the rear wheel arches, because the previous owner didn't repair that quite well. Also the joint that the rocker panel has with the rear panel ( below the door ) was not visable, but now will be.. as to original specifications. Because the car it getting a new respray anyway, we can do this. Let's do it right :D We didn't know of the joint the last time it was resprayed.

In the mean time while waiting for the 240Z to come back from the body shop, I thought it was nice to share my story on Hagerty.

https://www.hagerty.com/yourstories/2015/11/22/The-Datsun-240Z-a-legend-from-the-land-of-the-rising-sun20151122092757

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...