IGNORED

Someone from Australia...HELP

derk

My cousin used to be in a rock band called the Cockroaches. Did not bad and they sold a couple of albums.

To cut a long story short, the band wanted to move in a new direction and my cousin said "I'm leaving, you guys are nuts and are never going to make it!"

They called themselves the Wiggles!!

:disappoin

Yep Alphadog, that is a true story.

The Cockroaches were part of an Australian band renaissance around the early 80's with groups such as the Australian Crawl, Cold Chisel, etc. The Roaches had a couple of top 10 hits in Australia but did not make it big overseas.

I myself did not like this age of rock and roll as I thought it monotonous and devoid of talent. I rather stay with Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin - that was the great time of good music:cheeky:

I wouldn't say all 80's bands were without talent, what about Nervana, they were 80's wern't they (well late 80's anyway).

I think some of the new rock is good but there seems to be a lot of Pop Rock coming out that I don't think are worthy, (Disturbed, Lincon Park and the like, too much wiky wiky in them!)

Most bands have a story like that.

Like the guy that was in the Beatles that the movie backbeat was about. He was the drummer before Ringo. Think his name was Pete Best. or was it Stuart Sutcliff that backbeat was about.

And there was the 4th member of silverchair, back when they were still in or just out of school, that went overseas, then silverchair got famous without him.

Please do not get me started on the wiggles. I work in a video shop and I get reminded of this headache almost everytime I work.

Apparently there one of our biggest exports and make heaps of money. I wonder if I dress up like an idiot sing stupid songs and have no fashion sense what so ever. Maybe I'll become rich too :tapemouth .