IGNORED

Compliment of the day "That's SICK dude"

madkaw

Tomo, your arteries can't be THAT hard! As a former professor, *I* should be the language prude here! ;)

Slang has been with us forever and will be with us forever more. In my generation, the words of choice were "cool" and "neat." "Groovy" was on the decline, and "swell" had long since left the house. Doesn't bother me a bit. Even incomplete sentences. At least for informal writing.

Of course if you hand me a paper, I expect formal grammar, spelling, usage, and punctuation. However, if you're addressing me on the street, y'all can tell me my car is "sick" anytime. :)

23 skidoo, y'all!

Edited by FastWoman

Interesting to read some of your slang terms. One that infuriated me down here and even talkback radio hosts were doing it.

In reply to someone they would say. Oh OK---OK---OK. Thank GOD it's died out. Just so bloody lame.

Any way. Not sure if my 240 is SICK or what, but we had a young guy combing his hair in the shine of the hood while we were sitting in a cafe.

These cars get more looks than a new Ferrari down here. Now thats SICK.

It's Sarah's topic. She has control on the direction it goes.

Olzed-

I'm not surprised at how people like the real classics, even when there are other (fancy) cars around.

We have a "cars & coffee" event here on Saturdays, and the last time I was there, I saw 8 or so Ferraris, a few Lotuses (Lotii?) and a few other big-dollar sportscars (Porsche, Mercedes, etc.) hese are all new or newer cars. There were just as may people visiting the S30s as were there by the Ferraris. Maybe people just walked by ALL the cars, but at least the older people seemed to spend a little more time by the S30s and newer Z cars. I should've taken my digital recorder, because some of the stories were really surprising!

Edited by TomoHawk

Yeah, I really do get it, madkaw.

Young people nowadays have lost the ability to make a useful statement about anything, in proper English, or even in complete sentences. That is, without using the work 'like,' incorrectly, several times or a LOT of urban slang.

I have to admit that I turned in my badge quite a while back...

post-5413-1415081541636_thumb.jpg

It does feel good when someone complements your car. The other day while working on my Z two (one actually pulled over to talk to me) said I had a nice car and that it sounded good. It is especially nice when you get comments, even though my Z looks great... from 20 feet away!