IGNORED

Compliment of the day "That's SICK dude"

madkaw

So I wish I had more powerful motor and and a better stereo and a rear main seal that doesn't leak, but when I drive around town and some young lad(reminds me of myself at that age) pulls up along side of me and gives me the thumbs up and yells--"That's sick dude", it does make me really proud of the old Z. It reminds me why I fell in love with the design---it's timeless in it's appeal. In the same drive around town I have some other gentleman closer to my age giving me the same thumbs up while he honks his horn.

Earlier in the McDonalds some young girl is determined what kind of car that is, because it's so cool. "No it's not a vette, keep trying" I smile!

So as I contemplate the prospect of buying a real supercar before I'm too old to enjoy, I wonder if I will get the same enjoyment from my car. So if I buy a 911 turbo, will people be trying to guess what cool car that is that I'm driving? I won't be able to say I did most of the work on the car. I surely won't be able to make improvements or 'fiddle' with the timing.

Maybe I should just take those huge payments towards the 911 and use them to continue my Z journey. Boy-think about the SICK things I could do to my Z!!!!!!

Yeah, it brings a smile to my face, too, when some kid says my car is SO SICK! It doesn't matter that it's only got 160 hp under the hood. Its beauty is timeless, as you say.

I'm reminded of an early Chris Craft speed boat I saw that was... er... SO SICK! Under the hatch, it had an engine from a WWI fighter. As I recall it was a V12 -- almost a flat 12 -- with enormous polished cylinders bolted separately onto the crank housing, and it was finished with the perfection of a Bugatti. It was clearly the "sickest" engine I've ever seen. It was HUGE, and it packed a wholloping 85 hp, as I recall. The power didn't really matter. It was a thing of beauty.

Edited by FastWoman

Yeah, I really do get it, madkaw.

Young people nowadays have lost the ability to make a useful statement about anything, in proper English, or even in complete sentences. That is, without using the work 'like,' incorrectly, several times or a LOT of urban slang.

Edited by TomoHawk