IGNORED

New engine

Diseazd

Jonathan.....I bead blast each item......I acid etch prime the front cover and valve cover.....I then spray with VHT aluminum paint. All painted parts such as the pulley, alternator bracket, motor mounts etc. Are bead blasted, acid etch primered, then painted with Datsun Blue spray paint from Classic Datsun or other correct colors. I use new thermostat housing, cover etc. The best part is installing all these like new parts with new hardware from Datsun Spirit. It makes for a nice looking finished product.

• 2 months later...

Update.......Installed the L28/L24 combo motor in the new 72 Z. I put 350 miles on her and didn't really push her till I put the new 2 1/2 inch MSA Premium exhaust system on. WOW.......What a wonderful motor.....she pulls so quickly, smoothly and torquey to 7,000 rpm that you need to be ready to shift (it sneaks up on you so fast). This engine is so much better than I thought it would be. It's just is so silky smooth up the rpm band and down the rpm band (downshifts). The L28 motors (with L28 cranks) are pretty much done at 6500. Not this motor.....It is a joy to drive and as OZ mentioned, it must have the perfect bore to stroke ratio, cause it's truly amazing! I would recommend it to any Zed Head!

post-14126-14150820910416_thumb.jpg

post-14126-14150820910953_thumb.jpg

post-14126-14150820911477_thumb.jpg

Extremely funny Jeff......believe me......this is it. It's getting hard to keep them all driven, oil changes, tune ups, washing ,R/T mounts etc. etc. They're like your kids.....you wouldn't trade any of them, but if you had to raise another one, you'd shoot yourself. Yellow is a nice color.