IGNORED

240Z chrome taillamp strips

zed2

I would only consider a pair of chrome stips if:  

32 members have voted

1. 1. I would only consider a pair of chrome stips if:

• Priced between $20-30 (before shipping & handling)
    • Priced between $30-40 (before shipping & handling)
    • Priced between $40-50 (before shipping & handling)
    • Less than $90 (before shipping & handling)

I too have ordered and received a set from JDM. They are as Guy said "perfect". I am very happy with them. They are now a realization we have been wanting and waiting on for YEARS!

That being said, there are important difference which can be pointed out between these offerings.

The photos above illustrate the extreme authenticity Randalla has provided. The JDM version does not have the elongated center post, does not have the L and R mold markings as original and does not come ready to install with push nuts as original, nor are there installation instructions provided.

While I am very happy with my purchase from JDM I will certainly be ordering from Randella as well.

They simply could not be done better, IMHO!

Thank You JDM and Thank You Randalla for such great work on this important restoration piece you have made available!

Jim D.

"Zup"

Edited by Zup

Jim,

You are right regarding the "extreme authenticity" that Randy has achieved with his tail light strips. I have had his prototypes in my possession for a few days and can attest to the exact replication of the OEM parts, as well as the detail and finish on his product. As you may know, I, too, have been working on reproducing tail light strips for the 240z. However, I have since abandoned that particular project as my supplier's interpretation of "exact replication" resulted in a product that just didn't meet the standards of authenticity that Randy has achieved with his offering. (who would ever thought that the word "exact" is a relative term???? LOL)

Anyway, kudos to Randy for producing such a high quality reproduction of a part that so many of us have been needing for years:)

Mike

Zup, small point, but wanted to let you know how painstakingly my focus on quality was. You may or may not know that the three fastening pins for each bar are two different sizes and as a result so are the push nuts which are included. The two nut sizes are just 1/16" different but I wanted to be sure they were right. Thanks for recognizing the subtleties.

Just a reminder that I will begin shipping 240Z tail lamp bars this coming week. If you are interested in ordering, e-mail me at parallax.randy.lewis@gmail.com letting me know how many sets you'd like me to set aside.

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR MAILING ADDRESS.

Before shipping I will send you a PayPal invoice. As soon as I receive payment confirmation from PayPal, your shipment will be in the mail. Thanks guys.