IGNORED

240Z good for tall people?

I'm 5'7" and reach the pedals about right with the seat one notch back from all the way forward in my '78. In my old '75, the seat had to go all the way up. In this position, I have to duck somewhat to see the entire speedometer/odometer. I suspect the car was designed for a skinny person approx 6'4" in height -- lots of leg and relatively less torso. LOL

The S30 has plenty of room, but as soon as you remove the stock seat to install more supportive seats, your driving position becomes elevated making it very very difficult to drive car with a helmet. The stock seats have right amount of structure and cushion to keep you low, but they can't keep your arse planted. Its been a real dilema trying to find the right seat for street and track. I just drove a third generation RX and my head hit the roof without a helmet!

The S30 has plenty of room, but as soon as you remove the stock seat to install more supportive seats, your driving position becomes elevated making it very very difficult to drive car with a helmet. The stock seats have right amount of structure and cushion to keep you low, but they can't keep your arse planted. Its been a real dilema trying to find the right seat for street and track. I just drove a third generation RX and my head hit the roof without a helmet!

I agree on this, I'm still on the lookout for a seat that sits low to fit me with a helmet on yet is supportive. Out of the Z's I sat in with different seats, I think the stock ones sit me the lowest.

Fixed back race seats can be made to fit without any additional height, but with a cage, even that is too tall. With a cage, the seat needs to be lowered which requires cutting the catalyst hump from the tunnel and lowering the seat. I have a Sparco seat in my 260 on the stock sliders and I have plenty of room to the roof itself. I plan to do some cutting and swap to a Momo seat on Momo sliders to get down below the halo bars.

Fixed back race seats can be made to fit without any additional height, but with a cage, even that is too tall. With a cage, the seat needs to be lowered which requires cutting the catalyst hump from the tunnel and lowering the seat. I have a Sparco seat in my 260 on the stock sliders and I have plenty of room to the roof itself. I plan to do some cutting and swap to a Momo seat on Momo sliders to get down below the halo bars.

I need something lower than a stock seat! The stock seat plus me with a helmet on barely works, most of the aftermarket stuff makes it pretty much impossible for me to fit. Post up your seat when you're done, I'd be very interested in seeing what you come up with.

I cut the seat mounts out of my track car and mounted my racing seats directly to a reinforced plate on the floor. The driver's seat is a side mounted Cobra Monaco Pro and the passenger seat is bottom mounted Prosport from Jegs. I'm 6'3" and the driver's seat is perfect with a full cage and helmet. There is no way my head can get anywhere near the cage when belted in. The passenger seat is too low for me to comfortably see out. If I'd mounted that one on the drivers side I'd have to shim it up an inch or so to see well enough to drive.

BTW, stay away from 4-Runners

yeah, they're SUV's for midgets. I'm 5'8 and can barely squeeze in beneath the steering wheel. And I'm not fat, either.

Huh??? I've had a 2nd gen and two 3rd gen 4Runners and seven various gen pick-ups/Tacomas and I fit great. I have never heard anybody even mention a lack of space before.

I cut the seat mounts out of my track car and mounted my racing seats directly to a reinforced plate on the floor. The driver's seat is a side mounted Cobra Monaco Pro and the passenger seat is bottom mounted Prosport from Jegs. I'm 6'3" and the driver's seat is perfect with a full cage and helmet. There is no way my head can get anywhere near the cage when belted in. The passenger seat is too low for me to comfortably see out. If I'd mounted that one on the drivers side I'd have to shim it up an inch or so to see well enough to drive.

Steve, did you have to cut the tunnel on the driver's side? I have tried two different 16" wide seats and neither will go down due to the catalyst/resonator hump. Every Z racer I know has had to do tunnel work to fit their seat. Take a look at my current seated height. Obviously, I'm too high, but like I said, even if the seat rail is cut out, the seat can't go any lower due to the width.

IMG_4560.jpg

Here is a shot of the back of my Momo Acropolis seat. It's very compact and is the same height and width as my Sparco Evo.

Here is a pic of a Momo seat like mine I found on the web.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads13/Momo+Acropolis1216221463.jpg

Here is a Sparco Evo pic I found on the web that is similar to mine.

http://assets0.saferacer.com/images/P/00856F_1_lg.jpg