IGNORED

Considering Konig or Rota RB

d240zx2

Kudos to www.wheeldude.com. My new silver finish 15x7" Rota rbs arrived yesterday. I'll do some pics when I get tires and they get mounted on the car. "She Who Must Be Obeyed" says no tires until the next VISA billing cycle whatever that means. For me it means the end of the month. I am very impressed with the way the wheels were packaged. They were absolutely pristine upon arrival.

Cheers, Mike

My rubbing is on the rear fender lips under hard cornering or hitting road dips at speed and in the front when reversing and turning sharply my front tires rub on the front valance corners.

OK' date=' I lied. Here are some pics. Looks weird with no tires. Considering Sumitomo HR 200 215-60/15s.

Cheers, Mike[/quote']Mike, do the center caps fit over the front grease caps? I know that Konigs have problems in that spot.

#34. Watanabes are the cat's meow, no doubt. But on top of the price for the wheels will be the cost of the tires. I figure I can re-wheel and tire for about $1200 using Konigs or Rotas. It'd be closer to 2 grand with the Wats....

Mike, do the center caps fit over the front grease caps? I know that Konigs have problems in that spot.

When I talked to MSA about center caps for the Konigs, they instructed me to take a hammer and 'Crush' in the Grease Cap approx. 3/8" . I don't like the words "Crush" or "Bend" when it comes to Z's, but I did use an old set of grease caps and crushed them down to fit. Center Caps fit fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my 15x7 Rewinds from JLB Motorsports. I highly recommend them, they were thoroughly easy to deal with over the phone, and even gave me a better price than was advertised on their website. I think they had some special going on at the time. Including 16 black 'tuner style' lug nuts (actually received 3 extras), I got the whole lot for $455 shipped.

Almost got the wheels from Discount Tire, but I couldn't get a straight answer directly from them as to what offset they would be able to get. Factoring in tax from DT, JLB was a better deal.

I don't too much care about having Z stickers on the center caps, I don't plan on even using the caps, honestly.

Off to Discount Tire tomorrow, planning on some 195/60/15 Bridgestone Pole Positions, based on stuff I've read around the forum. I want to go back to a stock lower valence and BRE style spook, so avoiding future rubbing is a big concern.

post-3312-14150810311701_thumb.jpg