IGNORED

Opinions Please

ZCurves

Well Gentlemen -

I went ahead and asked DTC to install the 205-60-15 on the Rewinds that I ordered. I appreciate everyones 2 Cents.

These will certainly beat the funky brand thats been on the car during the restoration! (Don't you love it when the steel belts start hanging out of the tread! :cool:)

Well Gentlemen -

I went ahead and asked DTC to install the 205-60-15 on the Rewinds that I ordered. I appreciate everyones 2 Cents.

These will certainly beat the funky brand thats been on the car during the restoration! (Don't you love it when the steel belts start hanging out of the tread! :cool:)

At least you wouldn't have to put studs when out driving on the ice.

Zedyone,

I loved that car and those covers but it now resides with a nice fellow in the Northwest territories. I sold it before I left the west coast last year and really regret it these days as they were the original JDM covers, not aftermarket.

Oh well...perhaps one day I'll see another pair...but they won't come cheap.

Your car is beautiful by the way.

Your car looks great. Love the black and the headlight covers.And the wheels interior color looks awesome with the black car, man.

Really makes the case for black as a color choice!

And those 55's do SEEM to fill the wheel well better.

My black 240Z was lowered with Eibachs and I ran the rewinds with 195/55/15 Kumho's...even over some bumps, the tires never rubbed. I also like the look of this combo over a bigger, stretched tire.

Thanks deadflo,

remember that the car was lowered almost 2 inches with the new suspension. If I had to do it over again, I think I might go with 16inch wheels and perhaps 205/60/16 to help fill the wheel well while maintaining nice ride quality.

I appreciate the feedback...again, I miss that car.

pics of the rewinds sir. I have been thinking of selling my panasports for some gun metal rewinds. I love the look of the darker rim with the polished lip.

I will get you a pic this weekend. You can see them in person after I finish putting her back together.

Persuant to Joker's comment above, it looks like most of you guys go with 15" intead of 16". Any reason for this? Also, are the fronts necessarily the same width wheel as the rear?

I'm not ready for new wheels just yet(heirarchy of priorities, you know) but I'm trying to assimilate info in case I see a deal.

Thanks.

Persuant to Joker's comment above, it looks like most of you guys go with 15" intead of 16". Any reason for this? Also, are the fronts necessarily the same width wheel as the rear?

I'm not ready for new wheels just yet(heirarchy of priorities, you know) but I'm trying to assimilate info in case I see a deal.

Thanks.

I like the look of the Konig Rewind / Panasport wheel. The 15" rim and 60mm tire update the look and fill up the wheel well real nice.

I have two sets of the OEM Aluminum wheels that Datsun sold as an option in '78 as well as a set of the OEM Steel Wheels w/Hubcaps. After having the same wheels for 25 years it was time for something new and updated.

There is also a dwindling variety of performance tires available for the std. 195-70 R14 wheel.

Usually, the front wheel tire size is the same as the rear. I know that some folks will put "Skinnies" on the front for drag racing, but that is primarily for steering since more focus is placed on the rearend where a lot of fat sticky rubber is preferred.

I think that Skinnies on a Z Car might be an disadvantage for cornering and maneuvering. Personally, I like a nice footprint on all four wheels.