IGNORED

Opinions Please

ZCurves

I ordered Konig Rewinds for my '78 280z. The rims are 15 X 7 and the tires are Yokohama Avid TRZ's. What I need are opinions for the tire size...I have noticed that a lot of folks are using 205-60's and then some are using 205-65's. I realize this is approx ~3/4" or .80mm in ride height which is fine, but what I am really concerned about is rubbing on the wheel wells. Up till now I have run the standard 195-70-14's on stock OEM rims..

So chime in...:laugh:

I have 15x7 Konig Rewinds on my car with 225/50/15 BFG g-Force Sports. I haven't driven the car since I put them on but it's been rolled and turned w/o any rubbing so far. The car has Tokico springs and HP blue inserts. Here's some pics.

picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=1754

attachment.php?attachmentid=29182&d

More shots here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/techn0freq/sets/72157615654942387/

Edited by =Enigma=

Yeah, it's certainly a different look. Here's the car before the suspension upgrade, tires and wheels. I believe the tires are 195/75/14s or maybe 70s. Definitely fills the wheel wells better than the 225/50/15s.

picture.php?albumid=108&pictureid=873

Edited by =Enigma=

Adam I forgot you put the Gold wheels on your car. I really like how they go with out paint color. I am looking at some 16" Sportmax XXR wheels that come in both flat black and gold. I was set on the flat black but I am definitely reconsidering the Gold. :cool:

I actually have 205/60R14 tires on my car right now. I like the 205 width because it doesn't look as skinny but isn't over the top... plus it fits the width of my current wheels. I plan on eventually going with the 16x8 so I'll be rolling on 225/50R16's. 225 width is aggressive without being too crazy, it has a good look and nice traction

I would not go with a 65 aspect ratio, that makes the overall height of the tire taller than stock. Play with this a little bit and it will give you an idea of the differences between sizes

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

My 205/60/14 tires are actually shorter than the factory 195/70 but I like the look of the sidewall (it does affect my speedometer). Running a 205/60/15 would put you at the same diameter as your 195/17R14's.

I have talked to people that had rubbing issues with 225 width tires and others that had no trouble. A 205 or 215 would probably be safe and look good on the 7" wide wheel.

I need to take a pic of my car to show the wheels and tires. One thing I didn't want to do was to roll the wheel arches. The car as a whole isn't perfect, but the wheel arches are.

I have rieken mesh wheels 16x7 with 215-45-16 falken rt-615. It's not really close to what you're going with, but may be good to see what other size and wheels look like.

I have the tokico springs with illumina struts with 280z rear isolators. It brought the back up so the back end didn't look too low compared to the front.

I was running 205/60/15's on my 15x7 panasports, and when I did the front end conversion to OEM body work, I had a slight rub when backing up turning to the left. Weird, I know. However, I needed tired and went with a set of 195/60/15's, and have had no issues what so ever. They look great and really match the look of the car. Not too wide, not too narrow. They look like they belong there. Also another advantage of going with a 195 is great feel for the road and reduced steering effort. Just a thought.

I will roll on up with my Z this saturday.