IGNORED

Ron Tyler Differential Mount

Travel'n Man

Hey Mike, was that copied from one of my posts? Or do you know Brian in Arlington?

No Dave, not copied from one of your posts, and yes I have been friends with Brian for about 6 yrs. I used to work with his daughter and he was a prior owner of my low VIN cars.

-Mike

• 1 year later...

Almost 4 years after I have posted this I have removed my R/T Mount. As stated above in post #27 the pinion angle was just not right for me. I had slight vibrations - worked on adjusting the pinion angle several times - moved over to a 3.90 diff with a close ratio 5 speed. Once removed and replaced the original mount and the below arrester strap no pinion angle vibration. I'm putting my R/T mount in storage.

22-J4201 Goto-Band for Datsun 240Z 260Z 280Z Arrester Belt - $59.00 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

I used the R-T mount as a strap replacement, using a single poly bump stop at the top with a factory lower mount. All angles are as stock, but the R-T and bump stop hold the diff in place much better than a strap, even a new strap. I loved mine that way. Took all the lash out of the drivetrain.

Arne,

Do you remember how much you trimmed off of the poly bump stop?

Here's what I wrote back when I did it:
I used the stock mount on the crossmember with a black #9.9101G bumpstop as noted earlier in this thread. On my car with the R180 in the stock '70-71 (forward) position and a reasonably fresh lower mount, I had to trim three 1/4" steps off the bumpstop (3/4" total, see attached picture). This gave me a really snug fit, there is pressure on the bumpstop at all times. I didn't want it to get too sloppy if bumpstop breaks in.

33115d1260040334-r-t-diff-mount-group-buy-dsc_1447.jpg