IGNORED

New fenders?

JohnnyO

I am pretty sure that new fenders are available through Nissan and am planning on purchasing a pair. I guess I am wondering if they are an "exact" fit and replacement for a series 1 car. I am wondering about the bolt holes lining up, the inspection lid latches being the same, the headlights bolting in properly and the emblem holes lining up.

Part numbers would be a bonus;)

TIA,

John

John,

I looked into getting NOS fenders about a month ago. I spoke to several dealers as well as different Z experts and they all said the same thing that these fenders are no longer available. Who is telling you new fenders are available from Nissan?

John,

I looked into getting NOS fenders about a month ago. I spoke to several dealers as well as different Z experts and they all said the same thing that these fenders are no longer available. Who is telling you new fenders are available from Nissan?

Oh dear, that's a recent and revolting development. They were available not all that long ago, I know of several people who bought them in the past year or so.

John,

Dont tell me that.:cry:

Better jump on these....

http://www.classiczcars.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3983&cat=4

Shipping them will be a bit of a headache, but possible.

And to answer your original question, I am told that the new replacement fenders from Nissan do fit Series 1 cars. There may be a very few small differences in the inspection cover latches for very low VIN cars, But they should still fit fine.

Mine are actually in pretty good shape for being 39 years old. No rust, just 39 years of leaning on them has the metal pretty flexible. Was hoping to install new ones and sell or store the original pair. My body guy said that it would be about 5 hours each fender and after I did the math it would only cost me about 100 bucks extra to go new.

I would still like my questions answered if anybody can help.

No rust' date=' just 39 years of leaning on them has the metal pretty flexible.[/quote']Mine too. And I've heard the same is true of the brand new ones, too. Jim (a7dz) put a pair on his Series 1 when he restored it, and I recall him saying that the replacements are still just as flexy. Just pretty thin metal...

Mine too. And I've heard the same is true of the brand new ones, too. Jim (a7dz) put a pair on his Series 1 when he restored it, and I recall him saying that the replacements are still just as flexy. Just pretty thin metal...

During stripping I found some filler on the top of each fender just in front of the inspection lids. They also had a thin layer of skim coating all around.

I am really trying to keep the thick filler off of my resto. I know that I would be a heck of a lot more careful than the PO was knowing they are flexible and after paying $700 for them.