IGNORED

Weird Myths or Facts about your Z car

TomoHawk

"You're going to fit all of THIS into THAT?!" I said, "Supposedly," still skeptical.

Everything I owned fit into my 240 until I was about 22. I wouldn't buy stuff unless it could fit into "the pack" which was an elaborate load-out scheme to move out of a furnished apartment at the end of a semester of school. Like your shopping experience, the car was loaded to the ceiling even on the passenger side.

On the misconception side, I was on a date and the gal asked if my car was Jag while sitting in the passenger seat. I tap the "Datsun 240Z" logo on the glove box and a few times and get nothing but a confused stare. I figure she didn't read much and said, "Yeah, its a Jag with a Mercedes straight six motor for reliability..."

I was filling up at the gas station yesterday with my yellow 240. A 7 year old boy jumps out of the car and tells his mom, “Wow, that looks like a Muscle Car”. The mom agreed and said, ”Yes, that sure is a Muscle car”. Made me smile. Wish it had a muscle car motor :)

• 4 weeks later...

One of my bigger smiles this summer was when an old fart (i.e., maybe five to ten years older than me), walking with I assume his grandson (four to six years old), spotted my 240 in the garage and told him:

"See that car? Its a 260Z, a bad arse car." I quietly said "240" and he tells the kid, it's "a 240Z, those are bad arse, bad arse cars. Bad arse!"

Chris

One of my bigger smiles this summer was when an old fart (i.e., maybe five to ten years older than me), walking with I assume his grandson (four to six years old), spotted my 240 in the garage and told him:

"See that car? Its a 260Z, a bad arse car." I quietly said "240" and he tells the kid, it's "a 240Z, those are bad arse, bad arse cars. Bad arse!"

This story is the best, and made me LOL for awhile.

Bryce

I think this link to Urban Dictionary explains it best.

Bad arse-1. adjective. having extremely favorable qualities 2. adjective. pertaining to a person or thing that is rugged, strong, and/or ready to show these...

Unfortunately the internet blocker at work won't let me see more than what I just typed.

Bryce

Way to teach our youth a good base of adjectives. Especially when referring to a car. Very funny. I had a guy ask me other day where I found "that orange pinto"(this is at the shop at work). I kindly asked him if he bought his glasses at Walmart (totally flew over his head) and replied, Its not a pinto, its a Datsun. Oh a Datsun, I didn't know they made them anymore... wow. Needless to say he wasn't with it but I got a little chuckle. Of all the cars he could have picked to mix it up with he had to pick a pinto? Really? The Garth mobile? I guess I should look on the bright side, out of at least 12 cars in the lot he noticed the Z.

I've read some of the stuff on the Urban dictionary website. the people that contribute there are worse than over at zcar.com... The same people are probably the authors of the "SMS dictionary for the illiterate."

I'd rather use Wikipedia for a definition of this, or just wait until some TV show on the Discovery Network provides a definition of "Bad arse car"