IGNORED

Front end 'spook' options..

Zedyone_kenobi

Hello all! I rarely post in the body work section as so far I have not had anything more serious than a dab of underbody rust that POR-15 took care of.

So I have been thinking of removing my front air dam and going back to the stock front end with a Spook air dam (BRE style). I know there are many places to get one of these, but what I do not have is all the body work underneath my bumper like the side pieces and front center valence connecting them. They are just not there, as my air dam was installed when purchased new according to the paperwork and bill of sale.

Here is my current config.

3207589933_23f4d98e8d_b.jpg

Where can I find those front three pieces of bodywork if I decide to go this route? As MSA and Black Dragon do not sell them.

Any bites? Junk yard maybe?

Stephen,

I'm glad you're planning on a traditional spook! I've always liked your car (very tasteful) but I've never liked that front air dam. I think it breaks the kind of pointed look of the front end that I like so much.

Sorry I can't be of help with finding the stock front clip though.

Yeah, MSA is asking 138 per side and 171 for the center. I would actually pay that for perfect unmolested body panels. Question though. I can see how the sides would attach, and I can guess that the center just attaches between the two, but does it attach anywhere else. How can it be strong enough to hold on a 'spook' type air dam if its just attached to the sides!!!

I can see how the sides would attach, and I can guess that the center just attaches between the two, but does it attach anywhere else. How can it be strong enough to hold on a 'spook' type air dam if its just attached to the sides!!!

There is a center attachment brace that it welded to the lower radiator support frame.

-Mike

I spotted a pair of the end pieces in a pile of parts in my storage garage, but I'm not sure if the center piece is there somewhere also. I'll have a look this weekend. They are used, painted black with gold pinstripping (Very Rare!!ROFL). They are not rusted out or bent but would need prep & paint. I'll gather them up and send you pics if your interested, just PM me an email address.

I can see how the sides would attach, and I can guess that the center just attaches between the two, but does it attach anywhere else.

Yes - as Mike said.

How can it be strong enough to hold on a 'spook' type air dam if its just attached to the sides!!!

It isn't and it doesn't. The Spook is bolted to the bottom of the radiator core support with three large washers and bolts.

The there are about six smaller bolts/nuts/washers that go though the three lower finishers. Two on each corner and two in the center. (Some use three across the center)

FWIW,

Carl B.

Stephen,

I'm glad you're planning on a traditional spook! I've always liked your car (very tasteful) but I've never liked that front air dam. I think it breaks the kind of pointed look of the front end that I like so much.

Sorry I can't be of help with finding the stock front clip though.

True that, I never did like those add on Airdams.

It may may true they increase down force so don't get me wrong, but they

do as you said completly throw off the intended style of the car as a

sleek aerodynamic sports car.

Infact I'm willing to bet those alos increase wind drag :ninja:

Call me tommorow Zedy and I'll give you the number to my friend Jaun, he has

a few Z's and may be willng to sell you a center piece and needed parts if

you need them.

I'll use my shipper to get 'em to you safe, same guys I ship the

ANSA's with :beard:

~Z~