IGNORED

Front end 'spook' options..

Zedyone_kenobi

Update: The Z is coming back together slowly. I managed to take off early today to get some time with her, and installed the driver lower valance and the center valance. Pics below

Its taking me forever, as I am cleaning all the threads and POR-15 anything that even appears like it has rust on it. My next POR job is inside the bumper as recommended.

One question though. I always thought, the lower center valance was pretty flat. I have the one with the holes and retaining nuts attached to it as 26th Z described earlier.

But it appears to curve more than I thought. Is it possible this is the wrong center valance?

3513991978_277028a760_b.jpg

3513992096_3cabdf5741_b.jpg

Arne, when installed how long horizontally is your center valance, as you have a 71 too correct?

Disregard that drop of tranny fluid in the background

I seriously think I have a european center valance, and I am betting its too wide for my car.

If you look at this image posted earlier, you can see the center valance is straight to the corner valances, not curved like mine.

Its also apparent it follows the bumper curve, which this does not appear to do.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28705&d=1236915428

I am getting this sinking feeling I just payed 250 bucks to get a part painted, and its the wrong part.

If this is in fact true, I may have to have a word with my vendor who sold me this as fitting a US built 71

Edited by Zedyone_kenobi

Don't know how long mine is, but the curve of yours looks right to me, or maybe even a touch flatter than mine. Here's a picture

from prior to paint of mine that shows the curve. Note the joint between the center and the corner piece.

Edit: Oh, I see what you are saying now. I'll have to wait until I get home tonight to measure mine. Since yours has

the holes in it, I figured it was a euro-valance, but I wouldn't have thought that it would be any wider than the US valance.

attachment.php?attachmentid=19701&d=1189911765

3513305369_63e7cc84be_b.jpg

This is my problem. With the two corner valances perfectly aligned with the wheel well and front of the scoop, I installed the center valance again. I got one side installed per print, the center support, but when it comes to the other side, I am about 1/2" to 3/4" too long.

Anybody have a center valance that will fit a 71 240Z in good condition.

You can HAVE my old front air dam.

Edited by Zedyone_kenobi

Does the part you have - have the same mounting points as this one? Mine seems to have different mounting brackets, than the one used one shown earlier in the thread..

Also note in the last picture - the captive nut in the center mount... This is the correct part for a 72.. as it is identical to the one on both my72's .. original owner and second owner crs...

See picture of my Spook's marks for drilling.. that I forgot to put up earlier....

FWIW,

Carl

post-3609-1415080700627_thumb.jpg

post-3609-14150807006609_thumb.jpg

post-3609-14150807007078_thumb.jpg

post-3609-14150807007413_thumb.jpg

Edited by Carl Beck

Well if you measure your center valance's length, and its the same as mine, then I have 'splaining to do.
Mine is exactly 38" across the leading edge.

Mine appears to be exactly the same as the '72 part that Carl posted.