IGNORED

What Kind of Car Shows do you really enjoy?

hls30.com

What kind of carshows do you enjoy attending?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of carshows do you enjoy attending?

• As a participant I enjoy shows with any kind of cars, tons of classes and prizes
    • As a participant I enjoy shows with any kind of cars, tons of classes and prizes
    • As a participant I enjoy shows with Zs, and a ZCCA judged show, and peoples choice awards.
    • As a participant I enjoy shows with only Peoples Choice Awards in many different classes
    • As a participant I enjoy shows on weekends
    • As a spectator I enjoy shows with any kind of cars, tons of classes and prizes
    • As a spectator I enjoy shows with with only Zs, and a ZCCA judged show, and peoples choice awards.
    • As a spectator I enjoy shows with with only Peoples Choice Awards in many different classes
    • As a spectator I enjoy shows with any kind of cars, tons of classes and prizes
    • As a spectator I enjoy shows on weekends.

I like car shows with a variety of things to see and a variety of interesting people to talk with... The "usual" car shows with all the same exhibitors (mostly american muscle cars) can get pretty boring... to me of course. But, a show with a big variety of foreign and domestic, along with some mods, really turns me on.

Oh, and bring on the Ferrari's. :D These turn me into a little boy.

post-4-14150804407999_thumb.jpg

post-4-14150804408315_thumb.jpg

TomoHawk,

The GTO will be back in the pipeline after the 240Z is finished, and I plan on entering both of the cars together in shows-more of a Dr. Jekyl.Mr. Hyde than Primadona and Zwolf, but similar. BTW, having seriously modified adn beautifully done Zs in a show with Bone Stock also serves to grow interest, much like the synergy between Hybrid Z and this club, but the build quality and fit/finish must be first rate!

I have amassed several things to go into the GTO it to make it more Ferrariesque (More Real GTO parts, Tripple webbers, several z parts modified to look like Ferrari Parts, etc...)

People who "dig" Ferraris will come over to see the GTO(and make sure it isn't what it looks like) and get to see the real car underneath in the 240Z(Ok, the GTO is a '77 280Z underneath...with an L28ET)

Will

PS Bonzi-are you sure that isn't the "to and from trailer" motivation for the British cars...

hls30.com: Not many IF any British cars in this town.

Out of the two car shows I've been to in this town I was the ONLY import and was well received, especialy by the bicycle crowd, boys and girls 16 and under. I watched the kids with their parents like 3 muscle cars down the line and then when the kids spotted mine they left their parents and made a bee-line straight for my car, as they had never seen any thing like it before. The looks alone attracted them like a magnet, but the 160mph spedometer really impressed them. They now know my car as I drive it around town and always get the wave and "cool car Mr., lay a scratch".

Here are two Crosley's that were there just newly aquired by a friend of mine.

Bonzi Lon

post-11300-14150804413205_thumb.jpg

post-11300-14150804413422_thumb.jpg

post-11300-14150804413628_thumb.jpg

hls30.com: Not many IF any British cars in this town.

Bonzi Lon

Not that have made it to the shows...They actually do have to get them into the trailer beforehand...ROFLand having a tractor at the show won't accomplish that !

Btw, I am only poking fun at the British cars because of reading the article Mike posted on another thread that talked about the 120Y giving the British car industry notice that an automobile actually could start on every blip of the key and be reliable...as written by a British author!

• 3 weeks later...

It finally occurred to me today what my true answer to this poll is. The kind of shows that I really enjoy are the ones that involve driving my Z. Driving to and from the show, and even better if driving is part of the activity.

Which really means I prefer club cruises, group picnics, and such-like over park-your-car-and-sit shows. I can only look at cars for so long, then I want to drive....