IGNORED

Opinions

hmsports

I think I'm going with my first choice, number 1. Thanks to all for responding! I can get them for about $170 each and they do look awesome on a Z!

XYZ> You can get the 2nd style from Charlie Clark who runs KC Raceware in Independence, MO (816-257-7305) . They are the lightest 3-piece rim you can find that is stout enough for road racing - 12lbs. He quoted me a price of about $175 per rim. Most rims like it are much more expensive. I can't remember the brand, sorry.

style one:love: style two looks horrid and like somepone else said looks like something you would find on an american car.

also style one promotes better cooling and looks imho. but you know how that goes opinions are like arse holes everyone has them.

but in all retrospect i would stick with style one. better looks better cooling. just a better looking wheel

style two looks like something you would find on a S-10

If you bend style one, you throw out the whole wheel I assume they are all alloy. If you bend the rim of style 2, being steel (I assume) you can ge it repaired easily, or failing that replace the damaged part as they are modular, and if you are using them for racing option 2 is probably the better option.

Mr. Camouflage> Style one is alloy - style two is three piece aluminum. They do make replacement parts for style two. There is a company called Wheels America out of Texas that repairs alloy wheels -- although I personally wouldn't race on a repaired wheel.

I understand they even make wheels similar to style two out of steel for about $75 that weight about 12#. I've heard different opinions on steel wheels. Stock cars use them - but some folks say they flex too much -- I'm not sure how...

My brain hurts...:sleepy:

Hi Rick-

Seems to me that if you like the panasports just go with it. They seem to be the concensous on this site, so far as I can tell. Style two seems to be getting a lot of negative response, though I like them myself. You should put on the wheels you like and think will work the best.

The two things you seem to be considering are the heat build up/dissapation and what happens if a wheel is damaged. If you aren't going to race on a repaired wheel then why consider it? the Panasports seem to be open enough to address the cooling issue and you like them. I haven't seen any other issued raised except possibly cost so....?

I know how you feel, trying to decide on a style of wheel. I went through this a few weeks ago and it took nearly a month for me to choose. My suggestion is go style one.

The biggest factors is cost. I've got to get two sets to race with - so I can manage tire usage and then a third set for rain tires. I'm going with the cheap steel wheels for rains - most guys do that. So, I'm looking at $1700 for two sets of Panasports and one set of steel wheels -- plus the cost for long studs and nuts -- hey, who wants to sponsor a race car :classic:

Thanks again for all the help.

btw - I like the look of style two also - but the panasports just make the car look fast and sexy

• 3 weeks later...

XYZ ---

The old race car driver is 'BOB BONDURANT'. Runs 'BONDURANT DRIVING SCHOOL' Now. He retired from racing after a crash into a wall at 150 mph that put him in a wheelchair for awhile. When he was walking again he started the driving school. He tried to get porche to sponsor his school with thier 911's. they wanted to much $$$. He later said that he was very happy w/ the Z cars.