IGNORED

Opinions

hmsports

Style 1 would be my pick. Not only because they look better IMO, but the most important reason, AIR FLOW! Get as much open space as possible, or your brake ducting will not work as well as intended. Get the cooler air in, and get the hot air out, anyway possible, and as easily as possible.

Hi Rick,

Aesthetically Style 2 gets my vote but as Keith says style 1 would be a better choice for your application. The brake pads will get VERY hot and the more open area available the cooler they'll be and the better they'll work.

I appreciate all the responses - keep them coming.

I've had plenty of experience with hot brakes - that's why I built my cooling ducts - they help a ton.

Both wheels are appealing to me, though I've always been partial to the Panasports. The 3-piece wheels do look like they belong more on a drag or circle track car. They cost just about the same and weight the same. But I saw several sets, one on the EP-Z and two on EP-Mazda RX7s (blech - high pitched bumble bees).

The 3-piece has one advantage... if it gets bent, you can replace part of it. But there is maintenance involved with the shell bolts.

2Many - thanks for pointing out the airiness of the panasports and how that would help with getting air in and out.

You guys are great!

Thanks,

Rick

Another alternative would be to shop around a little more for 3 piece wheels with a more open design. I know Monocoque has some styles that have a more open spoke design, never had cojones enough to ask about prices on them though.:ermm:

The second style looks like one of their wheels come to think of it. If you go through the expense and all to get plenty of cooler air to the discs with ducting, you definately need to think about how it is going to escape from behind the wheel. Otherwise, you'll be baging your head against a wall wondering why you still overheat the brakes. And we both know how they work when you get them too hot.:stupid:

Style 2 would be my choice. I was looking at that wheel for myself but I couldn't find this wheel in the 15" size. Who's wheel is that anyway? There's a picture of an orange Z that an old race car driver uses to teach racing out in california. Unfortunately I can't remember his name but here's a picture of his car. I think this car looks pretty nice.

I don't know if this is an option for you but Centerline makes wheels to fit the Z wheel pattern. They cost less than the Panasports as listed in the motorsports parts catalog. www.centerlinewheels.com. Any of the billet style wheels work on the Z, so I've been told and some of them have a pretty open style. The question would be whether you see anything that you like and if it come's in the wheel size you want. Good luck.

post-1624-14150792106228_thumb.jpg