IGNORED

What is the best part of owning a classic Z?

hls30.com

What is the best part of classic Z ownership?  

291 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best part of classic Z ownership?

• 1) The Chicks!
    • 2) Getting pulled over for a story every time you take her out.
    • 3)Warming up a set of tires with some hot twisties
    • watching honda headlights dissapear!
    • Knowing she is waiting for you to come take her out!
    • Putting the latest purchase on her.
    • Seeing her waiting for you at the curb/in the garage.
    • Changing her fluids!
    • The attention she takes away from new cars
    • Confounding teenagers about what she is!
    • The friends you meet because of her
    • Taking her to car shows
    • finishing her up!
    • detailing her to the envy of your neighbors!
    • Being able to work on her, but not having to work on her.

The best thing about owning one for so long without driving it is the words you guys write, without which the flame would dwindle but never die.

So for me it is the memories of filling up and people of all ages walking up and asking "what is it", "awesome car", "they sure did know how to make cars look good way back when", heh, the list goes on. My personal memories are of blasting seemingly effortless uphill with not even a moan from the car, yes a few squeaks but never a grumph!. Its these memories that drive the flame on and on. Oh, and of course the pleasure of rebuilding it from the bare bones back.

The two main joys for me in owing my Z is first the great people I have met that are now friends. I would have never have made there acquaintances otherwise. Second is the joy of driving she provides me, plus knowing how she stands out among the hum drum clones on the road today. Gary:classic:

I'd have selected "It just fits" if it were available. Everything I need or want in a true sports car is there and in the right place. In all the 27 years I've had one of these, and the many years I've been a member here, I don't recall anyone stating that something wasn't in the right place or was difficult to use. This goes along with the size and configuration of the car as well as the drivetrain and suspension. The only thing, in my opinion, that could be improved upon, is a substantial increase in power! Ya ha ha ha ha ROFL

Everything I need or want in a true sports car is there and in the right place. The only thing, in my opinion, that could be improved upon, is a substantial increase in power! Ya ha ha ha ha ROFL

If it already had the substantial increase in HorsePower, what would I do with all my upgrade money? What would I do with all that extra time, that i'd normally be working on the car, to make it go faster?

Just a thought,

Dave.

For me it's knowing that I'm driving and preserving something special and not blending in with all the generic shapes of modern cars today. You guys are pretty cool as well. Hopefully I'll have a chance to meet some of you in person in the near future.

I was sure that "That Z Smell" would be one of the choices ROFL

I love how the car fits. You become one with the Z when driving it. There are faster cars and better cars, but the Z has soul. I love that Nissan captured the true essence of what a sports car should be. It's simple, yet capable.

jeff g 78 you nailed it! how the car feels and sounds and performs. She does have soul. There are definitely better and quicker cars now , but our Zs do have what a true sports car must have, and should have. What you said about the fit. So true. The Z does fit like a glove and you feel like part of of the car. Gary

Getting thumbs up and head nods when you are driving it. Not slowing down for freeway onramps, while the guy in your rear view seems to disappear all of a sudden. Being able to work on it, because its EASY to. Driving it because its a driver's car.

Oh yea, and getting on the freeway at 6500rpm+

Not everyone can own a classic Z. You don't go to your local car dealer and throw down or away your money on a copy of what the dealer next door has for sale. I think those classic Z's for sale should have a sticker on the window that says, Some assembly required. Being able to build it and show what your capable of doing is why I own mine.

that last choice was about right, but the first thing I thought of when I read the topic idea was of "Fix Or Repair Daily..." :lick:

I still have yet to find a twisty road that you can have a spirited drive on. The nearest popular one (OH-555, in southern Ohio) is called the "little Dragon Tail," and iis a couple hours away, or about 45 minutes in the Z. :nervous:

thx