IGNORED

ZRush - sad news

26th-Z

Thanks again my beloved Zfriends. The Vintage Z has been sold an funds from that car will be put into the Scarab. The VZ is going to a major collector of fine automobiles and will be lovingly cared for. Scott bought that car for me, so that is why I'd decided to sell her. Scott loved modified Z's (hence Zrush) so this was my only alternative. As stated before, the Scarab will now rest were the VZ was and I will be showing that car when it's done. The Scarab is a much more rare car in the Z world and will be represented in Scotts memory. I hope to be seeing my Zfriends at future shows as Scott would have wished. Our lives were Z cars and I will continue to honor my husbands passion as this was my passion also.

Thanks again for so very many kind thoughts and words, we are truly a family.

Vicky

Vickie - I am so sorry for your loss. I met you both for the first time as you backed your perfect Z off the trailer and into the lot at the 2003 convention in NH. I had the pleasure of talking with you and admiring your car as well. After the carshow I had the results burning a hole in my pocket and I so much wanted to let you both know that you would be taking the gold home for all your hard work. I remember the look on Scott's face when we annouced your car had won. I was hoping to see you again at either the Tail or the upcoming convention.

He leaves a hole on the Z community. Be well.....

Vicky, I am so sorry for the loss of your husband Scott. I have such fond memories of spending time talking and hanging out with you and your husband at the 2006 Orlando ZFEST. I remember the first night when you and Scott arrived and a large group of us just hung out in the parking lot and talked about our cars and you and Scott took so much time to look at the cars and made such nice comments about them. We talked about the Scarab and its progress and just had a great time. Scott was a great ambassator to the Z community and I always remember the smile he always seemed to have. My thoughts and prayers are with you Vicky !!!!!

Thanks everyone for the kind regards. I received a number of e-mails as well. Have talked with Vicky a couple of times this week and I feel she is doing well. You stick around here Vicky! You have tons of friends and support here! Vicky tells me that Scott's headstone will be engraved with a picture of ZRush and his drumsticks - how cool.

At some point, I was asked about pictures of the Scarab and I said that I didn't have any. Not true. I only saw the Scarab once and found this shot of that day. We were all headed up the road and I must have been hanging out the window to take this photo. Scott is driving - Vicky in the co-pilot's seat. Thought everyone would enjoy this.

Chris

post-4148-14150800193587_thumb.jpg

Have talked with Vicky a couple of times this week and I feel she is doing well. You stick around here Vicky! You have tons of friends and support here! Snip Thought everyone would enjoy this.

Chris

Thank you Chris for saying what I feel. Tons of friends and support here.

Be strong Vicky. It will always hurt but the pain will lessen over time. Trust me, I know.

That is a great picture of the Scarab! What an awesome car!

Take care,

Chris A.

Vicky,

Shocked to hear about your devasting loss!

I met Scott at Zfest 2005 and then again last Oct at Zfest 2006. Scott was unique with his vibrant personality, unlimited ambition, creative ideas and his passion for Zcars and music.

Cherish your good times and preserve his memories.

Vicki,

I have always enjoyed reading you & Scott’s posts and reading about your project Z’s. You two have always been gracious and thoughtful in your statements and replies here at the club. I too wondered why we hadn’t heard from you both, and now I understand why. I do hope you find comfort and joy here that would help smooth the rough spots to come. You will always have a home here and are much appreciated.

I pray that He will take you into His arms and give you peace and comfort.

Rob

• 5 months later...

Sorry to hear about this...i met Scott on several occassions in the Z community and was actually looking forward in seeing him at the upcoming convention. Sorry for the really late sympathy and hope things are well with you Vicky...David Johnson Chicagoland...