IGNORED

Early Shift Boots

Mckrack

Bryan,

Just recieved my shift boot,e-brake cover and wiring cover and all look wonderful. FINEST KIND!

My only question is, does anyone have a picture of the wiring cover installed? My car has not had one since I have owned it and I have never seen one in another car. Does it just wrap around where the harnesses join under the right dash? Anybody?

Best,

H Houghton

• 1 month later...

...I, too, now need a grommet to make it work, though. Seems like a lot of us are in that boat...

I was the only bidder on an ebay auction for an early shift rod and grommet, so I got them both for $5.99. I was hoping no one else would notice the auction. I guess no one that needed one did. Now if I can just get the floors and firewall done I can start putting the interior back together.

-Mike

• 1 year later...
I was the only bidder on an ebay auction for an early shift rod and grommet, so I got them both for $5.99. I was hoping no one else would notice the auction. I guess no one that needed one did. Now if I can just get the floors and firewall done I can start putting the interior back together.

-Mike

Few months ago, I found a very close thing to an original shift gromet at a local store. So I will share that info with everyone here. You can buy these at Home Depot, Lowes, and other major hardware store. See the picture. It is exactly the same design, shape, and size from outside. Spec is 0.71 CM (9/32 ODx 1/2 ID) Only difference is that bottom part is larger on the original one. So solution is to put another piece of the material(punched as to part) put it over from back side, so it will not slip off. It costs from $1.75-$2 range.

Original material is a hard rubber, and this one seems slightly soft. But it appears the same.

I know some of the members are looking for this for a long period of time.

Esprist

post-16910-14150806272634_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150806273158_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150806273578_thumb.jpg

Edited by esprist

I hit Lowes and found it, and I have one from Bryan. I agree with you Bryan, yours looks and feels closer-but under the boot either will do the trick!

When I remember to bring my camera back from the restoration shop correcting Larrys car, I'll take and post some side by sides.

Will