IGNORED

240Z in movies

carguyinok

I saw that one on TV the other day. The car appeared to be a stripped and gutted 2+2. My wife even commented that at least they didn't trash a coupe... :tapemouth

But did you notice that "they" left a perfect dash in place? Obviously the "thieves" didn't know the true value of that one part...:stupid:

• 1 month later...

You've got to have a quick eye for this one:

Office Space.

For those of you with the dvd, go to chapter 28 (they are discussing the software mistake while going down the freeway), and hit your slow button at 1:05 to 1:06, that's right ONE SECOND. There is a yellow s130 in the background behind the main character's head.

This is what happens when you've seen a movie too many times...

This wasn't in the movies, but on 8-17-08, the program "CBS News Sunday Morning", was doing a story on how China was importing everything. About half way through they said, "remember the early 70's when Japan started importing cars in great numbers?" They then showed photos and films of acres of Z-Cars sitting at the docks, Z-Cars at the dealership and some Z-Cars driving on the freeway. They were only on for about 20 seconds but great to see them. I thought it was unusual to show ONLY Z-Cars.

Bonzi Lon

Also not in the movies, but....

On Saturday Night Live, in the 80's?? They did a "MR. Bill" skit where Mr. Bill is placed in his travel Trailer and Mr. Hand says "we're gonna go for a little ride" Much to Mr. Bills dismay. Mr. Hand ties a rope to the trailer and the next scene is a 280Z doing doughnuts in the parking lot with the trailer attached and the playdough dog is being drug behing the trailer as well.

It was a short movie but it was a Z and on TV. so does it count? Of coarse it does.

Dave.

A few weeks ago i was watching cops and someone had stolen a z31 and i cant remember what the cops said but it was something along the lines of this guy has stolen a high performance Nissan. needless to say the cops completly destoryed the car by throwing out spike strips and then using the pit maneuver on it sending it flying off the road. at least it was a z31 and not a 240.

Josh

Also not in the movies, but....

On Saturday Night Live, in the 80's?? They did a "MR. Bill" skit where Mr. Bill is placed in his travel Trailer and Mr. Hand says "we're gonna go for a little ride" Much to Mr. Bills dismay. Mr. Hand ties a rope to the trailer and the next scene is a 280Z doing doughnuts in the parking lot with the trailer attached and the playdough dog is being drug behing the trailer as well.

It was a short movie but it was a Z and on TV. so does it count? Of coarse it does.

Dave.

Hey Dave ,

I think I found a video of that skit.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=8972724

In the pilot episode of the incredible hulk Dr Elaina marks is driving a gold Z or ZX and the car that Dr David banner trashes when he turns into the hulk for the first time is an early model (ta22?) toyota celica.My car has featured in a music clip for some unknown local band.it was quite rediculous really because they were cramming three people into the front of my poor little car!!! they then had to get out looking all cool...:laugh:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't beleive nobody has wrote about the 240Z on the new sitcom "TESTIES" The main guys are in a hurry to get out of town and all of a sudden you see tires squeeling and the camera backs around the corner to see a 240Z sliding around a corner, no swaybar, body roll and twisting as it slides, burning tires and takes off down the road. Then the camera focuses on the two main characters in a P.O.S. Ford Fiesta?

Channel 53 on Comcast FX-West tonight at 10:30. Not the episode with the 240Z but a Dumb/Funny show none the less. Here's a link to the 15 second seen.

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/fod/play.php?sh=testees&ep=85&start=945&stop=963

Dave.

Edited by Zs-ondabrain