IGNORED

OT-Carl Stahlnecker Died June 16th

ChrisA

A good man, Bambikiller was . . . A lot of knowledge to share with all. I will miss his posts. I take solace in knowing that he went quickly and didn't suffer through some lingering illness. Carl, may God smile upon you and let you drive the Z on those streets paved with gold.

I found Chris's post right after he he put it up, and have been thinking of what to write ever since, and it has finally come to me.

With Carl, he never hid what he thought, so you always knew where you stood. Diplomacy was not his strong suit, but honesty was. He took friendship as a great reponsability, and had great fun with it until seriousness needed to be had. It takes a strong man to say what he feels and still be supportive when his feelings are in opposition to that action. I didn't know Carl that long, but I am glad my life was graced with his.

Carl had words with several here, but I think most of them realized that if what ever the issue was not important to him, he would not have wasted the effort. He cared about people, and more often than not that ment being tough(even abraisive) with them. He and I poked fun at each other and conversed about things that were troubling to him somewhat frequently-on and off post. His posts (those that were not removed for being "argumentative") reveal a good bit about him, he knew Zs, wanted the best from people, had very distinct and clearly defined opinions and was mighty quick to fervently defend them. Carl loved this club to the point of supporting it by giving freely of his time to do several jobs in it for as long as he could. One of his greatest personal losses was backing off from his committments here.

Carl loved dirty jokes, and silliness, I wonder what they will actually find in his garage...

Will

Carl was my friend that I never got to meet. Most of the PM's on this site in my account were to, or from Carl.

I enjoyed his Libertarian viewpoint, his humor, his defence of others, and his relentless badgering of "know-it-all" posters.

Carl told it like it is. I liked that, though I'm sure others didn't.

DAMN IT SUCKS!

While I am shocked at the news as most of us are and agree that Carl was very helpful and knowlegeable on the Z, I am the type of person who after being duped once before by a so called death of an enthusiast here I approach this with caution. ChrisA, this is not a slam on you!!! If it is true then My condolences for Carls family in their loss and I pray that Carl rests in peace. If it is not true...then you all can fill it in. I really don't want to be negative because it is so possible.

While I am shocked at the news as most of us are and agree that Carl was very helpful and knowlegeable on the Z, I am the type of person who after being duped once before by a so called death of an enthusiast here I approach this with caution. ChrisA, this is not a slam on you!!! If it is true then My condolences for Carls family in their loss and I pray that Carl rests in peace. If it is not true...then you all can fill it in. I really don't want to be negative because it is so possible.

While I understand your thought, I don't get the connection. Carl wasn't trying to defraud or hide from anyone, and as far as I know faking his death would not accomplish anything for him, the only thing I can find that some people believe he owed was apologies-I think his response to your post would have been something to the effect of: either "ten characters": or, far more probably, he would have told you in photographic detail where to go, what to do when you got there, and how long to keep doing it, and then posted a picture to make sure there was no confusion about the instructions-you would have had only moments to see his response before it would have been gone, and his next post would have been help for a problem on YOUR z.

Will