IGNORED

skyline on ebay!!

zeewhiz

I can't buy one and just put it on a trailer and show it. I HAVE TO DRIVE IT and experience the thrill of owing one of the coolest cars on the planet. (IMHO) That is why I would not have too much problem spending 15-25k on a REALLY NICE 71-72 Hakosuka Skyline GT or GT-X 2 door or 73-76 Kenmeri GT or GT-X 2 doors of course that have been modified to look like GT-R's

My sentiments exactly. My avatar = my car. Garage queen turned daily driver. Still experiencing problems with the change in duties - especially with these cold winter mornings . . . the car just DOESN'T want to cooperate.

Thanks Miles

Sorry I just saw the Japan location and assumed you spoke the language,

thanks for the info, and sharing your knowlege on this classic.

I do speak the language, but not fluently. Reading is yet again another problem. But you know what? When you talk to car guys, somehow, the barriers come down and you somehow understand each other. My wife (native Japanese) thought we were speaking some kind of foreign language - yes, it was Japanese, but car talk is car talk and if you don't understand, it's all Greek.

You want to know my situation? I'm Japanese-American living in Japan. Look like everyone else, but can't speak the language fluently. Can't read other than the basics. It can be hilarious and frustrating, depending on the situation.

I'm just here for the ride. No apologies necessary since I'm an oddity. Just happy to share information and meet great people on this forum.

Sakijo

I see in your signature that you have the fujitsubo exhaust system. Is it the stainless steel one? Would you be able to ship one to the US for me (except it would be for an S30 instead of a KGC10)? If it is possible could you get me a cost for both a stainless system including header and a mild steel one including header?

I do speak the language, but not fluently. Reading is yet again another problem. But you know what? When you talk to car guys, somehow, the barriers come down and you somehow understand each other. My wife (native Japanese) thought we were speaking some kind of foreign language - yes, it was Japanese, but car talk is car talk and if you don't understand, it's all Greek.

You want to know my situation? I'm Japanese-American living in Japan. Look like everyone else, but can't speak the language fluently. Can't read other than the basics. It can be hilarious and frustrating, depending on the situation.

I'm just here for the ride. No apologies necessary since I'm an oddity. Just happy to share information and meet great people on this forum.

What part of Japan are living in?

try the langauge tools link on www.google.com, at the bottom, translate url, select the language. doesnt handle the frame sets of that site, but you can get the page and translate it seperately

you'll get somthing like this:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rockyauto.co.jp%2Fview.php3%3Frui%3Dnew&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

AHH that helps a bit :)

I love the loss in translations...

Power steering (understood)

RB 20 engine (easy enough)

official recognition end (means its a inspected and registered car???)

Thorex 44 pie (not sure here...carb setup im guessing)

stainless steel rammer foot Str. muffler (um exhaust system? header...) ???

cooler equipped ワタナベ (oil or trans cooler)??

14 inch aluminum (rims) ???

CD (got this one LOL)

Ivory (vehicle or int. color)?

AHH that helps a bit :)

I love the loss in translations...

Power steering (understood)

RB 20 engine (easy enough)

official recognition end (means its a inspected and registered car???)

Thorex 44 pie (not sure here...carb setup im guessing)

stainless steel rammer foot Str. muffler (um exhaust system? header...) ???

cooler equipped ワタナベ (oil or trans cooler)??

14 inch aluminum (rims) ???

CD (got this one LOL)

Ivory (vehicle or int. color)?

I use altavista's babelfish translator. Problem is that it tries to literally translate and it doesn't help much in some situations. "Cooler" usually means A/C. Oil/trans cooler would say "oil/mission cooler" Remember, they use a lot of British English and "Japlish" in their car talk. Bonnet = Hood; cooler = A/C; toranku = trunk; Go figure . . . .