IGNORED

240Z Parking Light upgrade harness's for Sale

Zs-ondabrain

• 4 months later...

One thing about money orders(other than USPS)-if you can't and dont cash it where it was bought, it can be refused! The only place that has to cash a Western Union money order is the main office of western Union. Except for USPS money orders, they are acutally worse than a check(every branch of a bank a check is drawn on is required to cash it as long as the money is there and the check is valid) Once again, no branch of western union except the home office is required to cash a western union money order-others are the same.

Look at the back of the Money order in the FINE PRINT!

Will

• 4 months later...

The only thing I can suggest for the 77' is a one of my parking light harness's without the "T" plugs. Find the combo switches (parking light) output wire (which is ussually Green with a White stripe) on the dash harness side.

Find the plug for the combo switch, locate the green/blue wire, on the othe side of the plug (dash harness side) that same wire should now be green/white. Cut that wire 1.5" - 2" away from the plug. Attach the small wire from my harness to the cut wire that heads toward the plug (and switch) Then connect the larger of my harness wires to the cut wire that heads towards the dash (or away from the plug)

I'll only charge $30 for the Parking light harness that does NOT have the "T" plugs attached. If you're interested, E-mail me with a reminder of who you are and the year of your Z. ( wolfin32z@yahoo.com )

Dave.

This is a repeat of info that has been stated many times on the particular thread. THE PARKING LIGHT RELAY UPGRADE HARNESS ONLY WORKS ON 240Z'S UP TO 3/73' If your Z was built after 3/73' the only way to use my PLH or ugrade harness, is to HARDWIRE it to the green/white wire that headstowards the firewall after the 9-pin plug that the combo switch uses

Because I can't EDIT the first post, here is the "Parking light upgrade harness" instal instructions again.

Thanks,

Dave.

AND THE POST 3/73' CONVERSION INSTRUCTIONS ARE BELOW AS WELL. this is what you would look at if your 240Z has the small 9-pin combo switch plug and you want to add the PLH to it.

There are 2 different charts for the "FIX" but they say the same thing initially.

Parking Light Upgrade Harness instructions 1.doc

mid 73 modification diagram.bmp

PLH 73' conversion diagram.bmp

• 2 weeks later...

Last week, along with a headlight harness and rebuilt T/S and combo switches, I installed Dave's parking light upgrade harness. I was satisfied with the results, especially knowing how much current I took out of my combo switch. The dash lights appeared to be slightly brighter overall, and so long as I am above idle (and my stock alternator is making more power), they are much brighter.

Installation was fairly easy. The most difficult part for me stemmed from the fact that my passenger footwell has a big A/C evaporator there now. The evaporator is almost flush against the firewall (I would estimate a 1/3 - 1/4 of an inch gap). When pushing the power terminal through the rubber grommet for the stock wiring, I had a hard time. The fit was very tight (the grommet was much tighter than I had imagined). With some dielectric grease, I managed to get it through, but I basically had to keep pushing the wire through hoping part of it would come down below the evaporator so I could pull it out. Luckily part of the loop fell down into sight and it was easy from there.

Something that was challenging, but expected, was managing to get the steering column cover back on with the additional wiring in place. It took me a bit of wrangling with the stock wiring and the additional harness plugs in order to get the cover back on. Messing with that and dealing with the extra volume occupied by the new stock-style molex connectors was a small price to pay to avoid having to cut my stock wiring up and splice things in.

One issue I had with my harness was that the ring terminal for the power supply was slightly too small to fit over the bolt on my battery cable. I went to the hardware store up the street and picked up a slightly bigger ring terminal and some shrink tubing and replaced it in a few minutes with a pair of pliers and a blow-dryer (gotta make do without a heat gun). Your mileage may vary on this, I think I picked up my battery cables from NAPA 4 years ago or so. The provided ring terminal may fit stock style cables. The headlight harness power supply ring terminal was just right for my case though.