IGNORED

240Z bumpers on a 280Z

HDC

HDC, Don't go away mad, you just hit a well covered sore topic, as you have seen. In the last couple of months this site has had it seems an influx of new members, which is great. The problem that follows is that the new members ask their questions thinking this is the first time that someone would ask such a thing, I've done it myself, and got hounded for it too.... The trick to keep it from happening is to use the search function, both here and any other new forum you go to. The forums have been here a long time and contain a wealth of information, if you can't find an answer there, ask, the members here are some of the most helpful you will find when it comes helping you with a Z problem or question. But, they expect that you will try to help yourself first, doing a search. Let us know when you get that 280, post some pics when you get it home!

Thanks to everyone for contributing, Sorry to cause such a ruckus but I'm brand new to the whole Z thing, the one I get will be my first, so I really did not know that this had been covered left and right and up and down.

Cheers

Again, I apologize to you. My response wasn't directed a you specifically. Just the topic in general. I guess I need to realize that I was once new to all of this myself.

The thing I found (Or didnt find?) using the search function for the Z bumpers is noone has a good description of "HOW" they physically mounted the damn things to the 280. Yea, lots of people say "its been done, ask so and so" or "Ive done it" or "Do a search" but not one person has really explained what is needed to do the swap. Or atleast I havent found it. I just assumed everyone knew what they were talking about, ordered the parts I thought I needed, and then modified them to work. It isnt a complete bolt on swap but it isnt impossible either.

I had to make custom brackets for the rear bumper, mainly because the originals I got were less than straight and I also wanted to tuck the bumper in close to the body. The front brackets (70-72 only) worked but I had to do some re-shaping to get them to align properly. I used the front spoiler for a 280 so I could keep my 280 turn signals but the 240 lights will work if you use a 240 valance or spoiler (preferably spoiler to save more modification) in the front. On the rear, you will have to remove the filler panel and re-paint the area. You will need to remove the fuel tank to remove the shock absorbers also so you can mark, drill and install the bolt on the right side quarter panel.

So yea, maybe my Z isnt up to the concourse some Z snobs demand but it looks damn good and a hell of a lot better than the big crash bumpers. Not to mention, I have fuel injection and a/c that work! Now its time to get out of the z car club.

I am really getting sick of car forums, can you tell?

HDC is a brand new member (only 3 posts at the time of this post and 2 of them are in this thread!) and some of you act like he's a long-time member that didn't do his homework before starting a new thread. I don't know about you guys (& gals), but I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt before I open up my mouth (or type something). I know a couple of you said it was nothing personal, but if I were HDC, I certainly would have taken it way, especially if I were a brand new member! If you don't like a particular thread or subject, just ignore it, rather than making such a big deal about it.

I know what I said and it still wasn't directed at the author of this thread. You say one should ignore threads or subjects that you don't like that should also apply to opinions. I wasn't apologizing for the content of my post. Just for the fact that he may have taken it personally, which was not my intent.

• 1 year later...

AMEN to the brotha's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank yooooooooooooooooooooooooooou

i'm not gettin no COMPLEX 'bout them "nasty"???? thangs that hang off MY BABY!!!!!!!!!

to PROTECT HER!

...and there's mine, as well...

count 'em ONE - - - - - - - TWO - - - - - -

copper 'uns

...you may proceed...

-J

it goes both ways...

i'm new...

...and i'm all...

EVERYBODY want to know if i'm gonna convert...

ONE person said to me if you want that a$$ end you should have 240.

oh.

okay.

i didn't know.

240's will always be my first love...

...so anyway...

i got it.

it's easy...

4 me, at least...

but...

but...

but...

being questioned on continuous basis almost makes me want to... just go stick my head in a hole...

right?

like...

am i doing some horribly WRONG???

by wanting to keep my 280 bumpers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFLROFLROFL

sounds so funny noW!

but that ole' head'LL start talkin to me...

esPECIALLY when they're (bumpers are) off right now...

...and my baby's bein primed...

oKAY!?

...anywho...

opinions are like a$$holes, right?

eeeeeeeverybody's got one...

love you guys,

JiLL

AMEN to the brotha's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank yooooooooooooooooooooooooooou

i'm not gettin no COMPLEX 'bout them "nasty"???? thangs that hang off MY BABY!!!!!!!!!

to PROTECT HER!

...and there's mine, as well...

count 'em ONE - - - - - - - TWO - - - - - -

copper 'uns

...you may proceed...

-J

Proceed with what? We dropped this nearly a year ago. I don't care what you put on your car. It's really not my concern. But every time this opens up people throw out opinions only to find that they can handle the ones that differ from theirs. If you like 240Z bumpers on your 280Z then I love em!:love: They're not on my car. But don't ask my opinion, you're liable to get it, and it doesn't matter.

Proceed with what? We dropped this nearly a year ago. I don't care what you put on your car. It's really not my concern. But every time this opens up people throw out opinions only to find that they can handle the ones that differ from theirs. If you like 240Z bumpers on your 280Z then I love em!:love: They're not on my car. But don't ask my opinion, you're liable to get it, and it doesn't matter.

But Stephen, what are those gigantic things hanging off the ends of your car?

Bwah ha ha ha ha ha.... ROFL