IGNORED

240Z bumpers on a 280Z

HDC

I am so sick of hearing about 240 bumpers on a 280. Whoever wants to do it should do it. This is just my opinion and I have said it before, if you wanted a 240 you should have bought a 240. The bumpers are part of what makes a 280 a 280. So you take a few pounds off and have what you think is a cleaner look, but it's still a 280 (or late 260). This gist of this thread has come up so many times as Lance has given us one three year old example, and we've had to suffer through 'what's your opinion of 240 bumpers on a 280' that you'd think someone has figured out how to do it and not put us through this same dance everytime someone gets this wild 'ugly bumper' hair up their a$$. While you're at it you might as well replace the fuel injection with carbs (Z Therapy, of course), remove the air conditioning, put the tool box lids on, change the front turn signals, and taillights, .........................

Sorry to catch you up in my rant, HDC, but many have preceded you!

Stephen and Vicky,

Just thought I had to chime in on this topic although it has been beaten like an old horse. For some people who enjoy the look of the European 260Z's like myself which in my opinion combine the best of both worlds (240Z purity of line and 280Z dashboard and better sound insulation) I can appreciate the idea. Further, when I first discovered how much Nissan would love to sell a replacement bumper some years ago (rear bumper for $600+) I took notice of how inexpensive the 240Z bumpers were and it was a no-brainer. Besides, who wouldn't want to shave about 70lbs. off of a 280Z and clean up the styling in the process.

Having said all of that I still enjoy the way my 280Z looks with its "gross" bumpers.

354541_2_full.jpg

354541_10_full.jpg

Hey, what would you guys think of getting a Mustang II and putting an inline 6 engine like the L24 into it?

J/K LOL

I'm with you Stephen, I also think the 280Z without it's bumpers is like a 747 without it's distinctive bulged fuselage, and doing the change is like putting Dolly Parton's chest onto Ellen Degeneres........ROFL

So if this is something you want to do, then "git'er done" and quit asking everyone's opinion on it. Otherwise it becomes another "Does this dress make me look fat?" question.

2.5¢ (Half a Nickel)

Enrique

He got his help though the search function might have more helpful. But he also got opinions. It gets rather tedious seeing new threads that have been covered ad nauseum. When opinions cease to be accepted for whatever thery're worth here, I'm gone. We'd be left with theories about accleration vs time, photoshop crap, needless "what if" type questions, etc. Think of how many knowlegable people have already left this site because of those types of things.