IGNORED

Is this stupid or what?

deedee

hmmm thinking

So are they just picking on nissans ?

"deeded" and other nissan lovers there has to be away around this.

This news saddens me all that nissan technology going to waste.

My friend had a problem like yours, had to remove the car got a lousy $50.00

I won't say what i think of them on air except,

My grandfather was a dentist and so I can't show my face on T.V or Internet.

So would it help if you were working on sum engine mods to confirm/verify data for a business venture in Austraila,

Building the perfect Internal Cumbustion Engine........

I would Register engine no, body no, block type, head type cc in cumbustion chamber

no of leaf blowers etc the more the better,anything cheap is good to

like my turbo coke bottle just add silycon.

see cheap mod ....

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18574

and any other thing i can think of, "help me out here"

I would store this in a spread sheel as part of my World Wide Experment.

Including next mod waiting to be done.

Including next engine non destructive test.

Including next engine test to find the peak power point before total destruction.

Stuff like

How to Add a leaf blower and get an extra 10 KW, I have got curcuits to email.

Hey I have room for at least 10 of these in my wagon,

Can you get electric start 2 Stroke leaf blower....... opps restricted information

Bit of a plumbing nightmare, but possible.

Anyway if the powers to be need some proof.

I Have some very interesting photos which I can email.

I Have A Suitably Qualifed Mechanic (Retired "Convertional Thinking Person") to confirm my findings.

He's quite impressed with my current engine.

I still needs tuning

It has to be computerised to avoid self distruction, as the previous engine.

I still have data and some of its listed on www.smokingwheels.myphotoalbu.com

I can supply my first program with sum errors and bugs (features), including a xls file to calculate timing, the setup of such computer (see below for rates)

I would go to the extreme of making a short AVI to emailing it to " the powers to be".

Charges and Rates 2005

Hard copy hmmm at least $1.9999999E+99999999 au$, or several million $ per picoSecond, which ever in higher....(Thankyou Bill Gates)

On the serious side (retricted information)

I guess you would have to prove that I have ownership of the car or pile of parts.

send me photos.

In return I would do the same to you but no one would know that,

otherwize i guess its headed to the crusher.

If you got this far

well does it not infringe on sum of our Civil Rights/freedom somewhere along the lines

but remember time is short in this case

Im all ears

cheers big ears (big brother)

Are you seeing a psychiatrist? You should, really. Do you ever read your posts after you write them?

In my first post to this thread, I didn't mention that I kept the parts car looking like a car that was ready to drive, complete exterior, and clean. I moved it to cut the grass, and put it back-the grass under it died. Out of respect to my neighbors, I spent about an hour and a half a week to keep it to the appearance standards of the neighborhood, and never left any parts, tools, or problems (other than the car) outside. That is not to say there may not have been a mess around the car for several hours while I was taking parts off, but the mess was gone before I was through for the day, and was never left overnight.

On the issue of property values, when I bought the house it needed some repairs, paint, roofing, landscaping, etc. In the first year I owned the house the valuation doubled, and every year since (even with the car in question out front) the value has increased a minimum of 20K every year.

A covenant is an attempt by a developer to limit buyers of his or her development to those of of like values to increase the percieved value of the property. Covenants are a product of someone like cardogman.

The presence or lack of covenants and ordinances should be one of the first things a serious perspective buyer should check out. In my opinion, they can mean the difference between owning your own property and owning only the rights to use the property.

WIll

I agree, but when there are no restrictions or dumb rules about my neighborhood, then it's uncalled for. I can understand the whole tag thing, that's fine, but when a neighbor calls it on you out of spite, I think I have a right to be angry. My Z has a better looking paint job than most Z's I see around, and it was kept clean in front of my house. As I said, all I had was less than a month expired tags, and no engine in the car. No wires hanging down, no hanging exhaust, nothing. My neighbor just turned out to be a bitch. :D

If there weren't any "restrictions or dumb rules about my neighborhood", then HOW could they have had an "$250 "Vehicle Abatement" fine" issued to you? Seems obvious to me that there ARE restrictions in place and someone ignored them.

This thread is amazing to me. It sounds like a bunch of ignorant whiney dumb asses.

Sounds to me like you are easily amazed and just as eager to insult people. Perhaps you and Mr 71 Z are good buds huh? You could have made your point about property values and your thoughts without the name calling. As it is you are just another tough guy on the keyboard with a smart mouth. That's OK though as I accept your apology which is what you would be doing if you had grouped me into your insult in person. Mike

If there weren't any "restrictions or dumb rules about my neighborhood", then HOW could they have had an "$250 "Vehicle Abatement" fine" issued to you? Seems obvious to me that there ARE restrictions in place and someone ignored them.

What I meant is that we don't have any rules about what color our houses are supposed to be, etc..., and I did say that there was rules about registration and such. My whole point is that most people are in violation of the "covenants", as hls30 said, reguardless if they know it or not. One of my neighbors has an RV that is constantly parked in the street. Sacramento Parking Enforcement (NOT neighborhood rules or codes, just City parking enforcement) laws state that a person is not allowed to park an RV in the street for more than a week (I believe, I could be wrong on times) but yet no one calls parking enforcement on him.

The neighbors who I suspect called on my car are very rude people, and are like this to most everyone on the street who doesn't kiss their asses. As an example, the neighbor across the street egged and applesauced my car because I parked in front of her house ONE night. She doesn't like how loud my Z is (melted glasspack exhaust, I don't race around on my street though) and everytime she'd hear me start my car up in my driveway, she'd come out and bitch at me because she's a bitter old lady.

My whole point is that there are "covenants" and laws in place. My neighborhood doesn't have any of these "covenants", but yet laws are in place for certain violations. One of my bitter neighbors called on my car, and not on anyone else in violation (and the guy with the RV isn't the only person), but I was singled out because she doesn't like me.

Sounds to me like you are easily amazed and just as eager to insult people.

As it is you are just another tough guy on the keyboard with a smart mouth. That's OK though as I accept your apology which is what you would be doing if you had grouped me into your insult in person. Mike

If after reading the numerous posts by individuals piling on with there socially degenerate quips, stories and opinions on an already not ready for prime time premise and question by Dee Dee "easily amazed"......"So be it". I along with several other more grounded individuals that shared there thoughts... perhaps... should take it as an insult ( I Do) to use this forum for such non sense.

It apparently has your attention. If the shoe fits... wear it.

Note: Chit-Chat Forums / Open General Discussions, looks like a fit to me, if it had been posted in a technical or other "serious" forum I could understand your stinging comments, but it wasn't. That forum exists for such trivial matters so as not to bother you oh too serious types. Why did you read it at all if it was so offensive to you? Apparently you need to stick to the "serious stuff" and and let all those who wish to join in such trivial pursuits to do just that. It was posted in the right area, seems you were in the wrong area, seems you have an exaggerated sense of self worth and wish to dictate to others what is "proper" to post and reply to. Why not lighten up? When you have time check out the different forums that are available, might come as a surprise to you. In addition you can check out which forums comments are posted in simply by reading, if it's a waste of your valuable time and an insult to your intellect, don't read it.

PS This is just mild flaming and it's fun to exchange sassy banter on occasion, no hard feelings.

Mike

If after reading the numerous posts by individuals piling on with there socially degenerate quips, stories and opinions on an already not ready for prime time premise and question by Dee Dee "easily amazed"......"So be it". I along with several other more grounded individuals that shared there thoughts... perhaps... should take it as an insult ( I Do) to use this forum for such non sense.

It apparently has your attention. If the shoe fits... wear it.

I can understand that some of the semantics used within this thread are insulting. I can also understand that some of the opinions that have been expressed and not well supported might be insulting, but I cannot follow the logic that posting about this problem on a forum dedicated to the preservation, restoration, modification, education on all things S30-including the trials of ownership-could be insulting. This thread has direct impact on owning a car that has the majority of its parts NLA from the manufacturer, and a healthy number NLA from any source other than donor cars.

In more than tweny five years of keeping my own Zcars on the road, purchasing a parts car is without a doubt consistantly the least expensive way of obtaining parts. In addition to the cost savings, those of us who prefer to do our own work to our cars actually get to have a practice run on a car that probably does not matter before moving on to the same task at hand on our own pride and joy. Removing an engine or body panel for the first time is certianly less daunting when protecting the paint and bodywork is not an issue. Taking out a seat and finding out how easy it is to scratch the paint is not nearly as expensive of a lesson on a parts car.

Reaction to our hobby is not restricted to: "I used to have one of those, and the stupidest thing I ever did was sell it." My opinion is that this subject and discussion held on this thread may be more important to some members than insulting to any-and I do not believe this thread was started to be an insult to anyone.

Will

Just yesterday a cop showed up at my door. Because of the city ordinences, I have to get rid of my 83 datsun 280zx project car. I have to get rid of the car in the next 10 days. Because my car isn't running at the moment. I think that the cops and the city leaders are suck asses. Do you have to go through this were you live???? Tell me what you think

Yep, deedee it is stupid.....City ordinances....or as you say ordinences(sp?) and cops that are suck asses.....telling you to remove that suck arse project car ....how long has that suck arse project car been sitting on your driveway? How many flat tires are on this suck arse project car? How many of your neighbors have had to drive by your house and see that suck arse project car? Neighbors that bought in a deed restricted neighborhood so they wouldn't have to see suck arse project cars on driveways.

I have asked many questions.......just answer one.....how long has your 'project' car been on your driveway? 1 week and you are disrespecting and destroying your neighborhood.....who cares? your neighbors are just suck asses anyway....right

Sorry babe, it ain't about you......it's about keeping the suck asses out of the neighborhood.....if you want to live like a turd world country......move there....

glad you're not my neighbor

Bobby D~