IGNORED

if you designed the new z...

e_racer1999

Nissan experemented with a retro style that was just plain ugly...Too many compromises.

I thought that they should look to the current Aston Martin / Jaguar for styling, not unlike the original car. A sleek supercar that is affordable.

The current 350Z is to clunky and fat looking. I prefer the G-35 to the 350Z...

v8_vantage_page1_43d751d1-46bd-4163-bdb9-08b33c0021b9.jpg

610x224_The_Cars_DB9_DB9_4f117f75-74cc-4eac-aac9-5cc589cd86cf.jpg

I have always been partial to the original 'new Z' concept car. It was a design exercise that preceded the 350Z. It had the 240 quarter-windows and a very close approximation of the 'sugar-scoop' headlight buckets. The drawback was, they could only fit a 4 cylinder in it.

I have grown to love the 350z's styling and looks (especially in black :)) But that huge @ss has got to go! The 350z just doesn't have the "badass" look. Sure its sleek and sexy but it is not intimidating. ^^^Pic above looks totally badassery. Definition of Z=Badass.

OK, I pulled this from my old Motor Trend Magazine, and this is exactly what the 350Z should have looked like, abosolutely gorgeous!

The picture above to me is to Honda/Mazda, I'm not fond, it looses the true Z lines.

2003_Z_Spec.jpg

The new Z needs to be powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball... Ron's got the idea! I saw a DB9 on the road the other day... the first thought that came to my head was, "that's what the 350Z should have looked like." And the air horn should play "la cucuracha"

i believe that this was the one you were talking about:

nissan-zconcept01.jpg

This gold design is great . The cars that I think that Nissan should have looked at is the Honda 2000 and or the Jajuar Roadster but in a G T . I prefer the inline 6 to the v-6 but I could live with the v if it put out more HP , 300 to the ground . Then we would have something. Gary P.S. Having been around the 350Z for a couple of years now , and I still think it is a big mistake and ugly and a dissapointment in stileing . The price point is good and the power lacking . Nissan puts more power in there pickup and sedan. :stupid: :stupid:

This gold design is great . The cars that I think that Nissan should have looked at is the Honda 2000 and or the Jajuar Roadster but in a G T . I prefer the inline 6 to the v-6 but I could live with the v if it put out more HP , 300 to the ground . Then we would have something. Gary

must agree with you here, gary, the inline-6 is just a beautiful beast.... ahh.... the sound.....

also, i have often felt the same about the aston martin... very new but very classic.