IGNORED

OEM JDM Z Headlight Covers (SS Trim)

EScanlon

Open Poll: What Price will a pair of OEM JDM Z Headlight Covers Bring?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Open Poll: What Price will a pair of OEM JDM Z Headlight Covers Bring?

• >$350 U.S. - $400 U.S.
    • >$400 U.S. - $450 U.S.
    • >$450 U.S. - $500 U.S.
    • >$500 U.S. - $600 U.S.
    • >$600 U.S. - $700 U.S.
    • >$700 U.S. - $800 U.S.
    • >$800 U.S. - $900 U.S.
    • >$900 U.S. - $1000 U.S.

Yes on both questions!

Will

Alan, you have a PM!

Yes, I can confirm that. Shape of the ZG ones is far more softly curved. They are longer and don't have that right-angle joint like the 'short nose' ones do.

Will - got your PM and just replied. I'll be on the case tomorrow.

Cheers,

Alan T.

The current high bidder is the same one who got the series one hatch from the fairlady thread. From the looks of what has been purchased, there must be a 240Z in a garage or the plan somewhere-Might be a good candidate for membership here.

I have certianly been caught up in frenzied bidding before (hopefully not tomorrow, I am going to look at-and more than likely bring home-a 1969 2000 Roadster), and paid more than my sanity should allow for somthing or other-to quote my favorite roommate from college, "I don't remember!". I would be tempted with those, to see if they were the stainless trim version (mine are chrome plated). But I could probably get the seller to take some detailed pictures of the underside of the trim just by asking.

I appreciate the vote of confidence! Hopefully it will not be too much longer before they are ready-the trim seems to be working out. I will post a progress report and a couple of questions for you on monday, after I talk to the mold guys-they are due.

Will

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he also bought a console, but it was the wrong year for the Series I. Maybe he has two cars in his garage. Also waiting for your version of the covers.

I also plead Guilty as Charged. As far as Will's charge, I don't think he's no Wirgin neither.

E

Will, in re-reading through the post, I realized that I had misunderstood Bambi's comment.

What I meant about not being a Wirgin, is that you probably have caught yourself with the e-bay overpay virus.

As far as waiting for your repro headlight covers, I'm still in for at least one pair (depending on whether I keep the Orange Z).

E

I bet that these headlight covers will go for 675+. I think they are beautiful, but you never see them, even pictures online. Where are all the sets going??? Back on the shelf? I would love to get a set, but as everyone else, I am waiting for will. :)

-Ben

This is great! We have bets going here! I'll bet over a grand. Do I win anything? Over on the IZCC site, bets are starting to come in on the Vintage Z on eBay. You guys are great!

I didn't realise you needed pictures, Will. I didn't realise the trim rings came in two different finishes. Wonder what I have. Were there different part numbers for the different finishes? I saw a used set traded a few months ago for around $500. The new owner tells me that the lenses polished up very well. I hope to see that car at the national convention. I'm sure there will be cars fitted with the headlight covers at the MSA show. Mine will go on Her Majesty to support her bodacious scoops.

I saw a set of ZG headlight covers on eBay in early summer 2003. If you search back, my thread should be in the archives. They were on for about three hours at "buy it now $200" IIRC.

I voted $800 - $900 range.

I know they are better quality than most of the repo's and the chrome trim is great but I couldn't justify them for that price especially on a normal non-gnose Z. If I put a Gnose on my Z the fender flares wing mirrors and headlight covers would be a must and I would pay $800- $900 but i just don't like the headlight covers on a normal Z enough for that price.

I have a friend who is looking to build replica's from a set of originals he has if they are of the same quality and lesser price i'd put them on my Z. I'm sure alot of you would also.

If I did buy these however I'd probably put duck tape across them to stop them from breaking.

Will, et al,

Don't know if you guys have been following this auction. These are supposed to be JDM repro headlight covers. They look nice, and the price has been climbing stealily. Might be worth a look for some ideas on your project Will.\

Gary

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7961632663&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I have been watching, and I have bought from Orestes several times. He has always sent me what he has advertised, and quickly too! I am not really interested in those because he explains what he believes to be the differences pretty well. I would rather make copy of the best set obtainable than make a copy of a known inferior product.

There are are some questions I would like some feedback on-rather than ask them here, I will make a poll, and get further explanation in the thread that follows it.

Will