IGNORED

OEM JDM Z Headlight Covers (SS Trim)

EScanlon

Open Poll: What Price will a pair of OEM JDM Z Headlight Covers Bring?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Open Poll: What Price will a pair of OEM JDM Z Headlight Covers Bring?

• >$350 U.S. - $400 U.S.
    • >$400 U.S. - $450 U.S.
    • >$450 U.S. - $500 U.S.
    • >$500 U.S. - $600 U.S.
    • >$600 U.S. - $700 U.S.
    • >$700 U.S. - $800 U.S.
    • >$800 U.S. - $900 U.S.
    • >$900 U.S. - $1000 U.S.

With all the discussion about Headlight Covers, a Factory Option for the Early Z's, I thought we could "pool" regarding what we think this auction will end up selling for:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4534911997&fromMakeTrack=true

Since it's already at $350US, let's take a poll as to what it finishes at.

E

Posted 3-11-05, link will disappear after 6-05

My bet puts them at $765.-

Man had I known I would have bought multiple sets when I was in Japan last to get mine... Oh well... Maybe while on the belated honeymoon the wife will accept a scenic detour to some of my favorite shops over there... ;)

-e

The beauty of eBay is that often there is one person with more money than brains who will over pay for an item. (I've done it myself a time or two, but not on this auction, I'll wait for Will)

I also plead Guilty as Charged. As far as Will's charge, I don't think he's no Wirgin neither.

E

I'll wait for Will

That's what I'm thinking. I'd rather have something that looks just as good without the shortcomings. People will pay a lot of money for something just because it's rare and somehow special. For instance:

http://www.cnn.com/US/9901/13/mcgwire.01/

Is this baseball really worth more than a brand new ball that hasn't even been used?

The current high bidder is the same one who got the series one hatch from the fairlady thread. From the looks of what has been purchased, there must be a 240Z in a garage or the plan somewhere-Might be a good candidate for membership here.

I have certianly been caught up in frenzied bidding before (hopefully not tomorrow, I am going to look at-and more than likely bring home-a 1969 2000 Roadster), and paid more than my sanity should allow for somthing or other-to quote my favorite roommate from college, "I don't remember!". I would be tempted with those, to see if they were the stainless trim version (mine are chrome plated). But I could probably get the seller to take some detailed pictures of the underside of the trim just by asking.

I appreciate the vote of confidence! Hopefully it will not be too much longer before they are ready-the trim seems to be working out. I will post a progress report and a couple of questions for you on monday, after I talk to the mold guys-they are due.

Will

I would be tempted with those, to see if they were the stainless trim version (mine are chrome plated). But I could probably get the seller to take some detailed pictures of the underside of the trim just by asking.

Will

Will, if you need any pics of Stainless or Chrome versions just let me know. I have a couple of sets of both.

Alan T.