IGNORED

Z Restoration Progam

26th-Z

Hi 26th-Z,

I would love to make a research of the vintage Zs living in Japan.

So far I know 4 vintage Z cars are living in Japan.

1. A red 01/70 car (still on sale aprox.$60,000 U.S.!!) I did see this car.

2. A gold 04/70 car (owned by Mr.Ohba) I did see this car.

3. A blue ?/72 car (owned by a car magazine office)

4. A silver ?/70 car (still on sale aprox.$40,000 U.S.!!) I did see this car.

When I get photos of these cars, I will post them.And if I get VINs and other informations I also post them.

Hi Kats:

The "Red" one is most likely HLS30 00630, sold by the Rick Cole Auction company at the Monterey Historics. This was a car donated by Nissan Motors for a charity event. As I recall, the sale price was something close to $34,800.00 and the car went to Japan.

At the time, I was trying to help the buyer for the Vintage Z Program find a car to prepare for this event. I had located HLS30 00240, a red Z and tried to talk him into buying it for this event. The owner however wanted more for the car than Nissan was willing to pay at the time. (as I recall the owner wanted $6,500.00 back then).

FWIW,

Carl

Carl Beck

Clearwater,FL USA

http://ZHome.com

Thanks Kats!

I want to let everyone know that I am working hard on my research paper. A growing number of Vintage Zs have been found and documented. I have photos of probably half the cars. .............

Hi Chris:

Are you saying that you have found 26 of the VZ's? With Joseph's latest additions we have pictures of 13 of them on the VZ Register so far. Is that the half you have?

IZCC Vintage Z Register:

http://zhome.com/IZCC/ZRegisters/VintageZ.htm

VZ Pictures:

http://zhome.com/IZCC/ZRegisters/VintagePictures.htm

There has got be a picture of HLS30 00630 somewhere in the net archives. I'll keep looking...

FWIW,

Carl

Carl Beck

Clearwater, FL USA

http://ZHome.com

Good God Carl, that picture you took of Scott and I back in 2000 makes us look like a couple of redneck farmers :sick:. You must get a better picture of JUST THE CAR, please :D .

Can you go to our club website suncoastzcarclub.homestead.com and get a better picture? Chris (26th) took lots of pictures of the Z at the Tampa Convention Center.

Vicky

Carl,

This is my favorite picture of Ol Yeller. Looking at your pictures, HLS20-96203 is a dead attachment. HLS20????

Here is HLS30-00630, also.

"Are you saying that you have found 26 of the VZ's? Is that the half you have?" I have so much stuff here, Carl, that there are probably pictures of all 52 of them! :ermm: As soon as the building boom in Florida slows down, I'll sort through all this and get something organized! Middle of May.

Chris

post-4148-14150795144414_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150795144637_thumb.jpg

Carl,

Looking at your pictures again, I am noticing discrepancies between what I have and what you have. The chassis number HLS30-05401 is listed as 05041. Also, why are you listing the chassis numbers as six digits? They are five digit serial numbers. Then, you have a red car listed as a serial number I have for another car altogether! Holy Smoke! We need to get together and compare notes!

I have a serious bunch of photographs of Vintage Zs for which I have no serial numbers yet. Working on it. One of the key cars missing is the first silver Vintage Z. Some of this info can be tracked down. We'll get there!

Isnt the "first" silver car done by/for the program owned by Nissan and housed in their hq at Gardena CA?

Joseph

From what I've read and seen the car is mainly housed there. It was mentioned that that car does travel around, at least it did at the begining of the the program. Probably for promotional and display purposes.

Vicky

Good God Carl, that picture you took of Scott and I back in 2000 makes us look like a couple of redneck farmers :sick:. You must get a better picture of JUST THE CAR, please :D .

Can you go to our club website suncoastzcarclub.homestead.com and get a better picture? Chris (26th) took lots of pictures of the Z at the Tampa Convention Center.

Vicky

Hi Vicky:

Oh come on Vicky....I love that picture <vbg>... has some human beings in

it.... that's what the Z Car is all about;-).

Most of the other pictures have only the cars in them... .because

they were taken from "For Sale" ad.'s....

Nonetheless, if you are not happy with the quality of the picture of

Scott and yourself...I'll check the club website... etc.

I'll let you know when I find something...

kind regards,

Carl

Carl,

This is my favorite picture of Ol Yeller. Looking at your pictures, HLS20-96203 is a dead attachment. HLS20????

Hi Chris:

96203 show up fine on my browser... anyone else having trouble seeing it?

HLS20... oops... corrected - thanks.

Here is HLS30-00630, also.

"Are you saying that you have found 26 of the VZ's? Is that the half you have?" I have so much stuff here, Carl, that there are probably pictures of all 52 of them! :ermm: As soon as the building boom in Florida slows down, I'll sort through all this and get something organized! Middle of May.

Chris

Great - I'll add 630 to the register just to account for it.. and post the picture.

No problem...I just wanted to assure that I was keeping my end up and keeping the public list of known VZ's up todate - so everyone would know whats been found and reported.

The building boom in Florida won't slow down for the next ten to twenty years. You might as well take some time off for "the ZDayZ" with me ..it would be good to get out and drive a 240-Z again.

later,

Carl

The quality of the picture is fine, it's the people in it. I do believe they are in need of a "restoration" themselves LOL . Chris has some great shots of that car on the suncoast z car clubs website or he might even have some of his own. If not, then when we get back from MSA I'll e-mail you a picture of the car.

Vicky