IGNORED

Useless information. Of interest to some.

1 Bravo 6

The answer is simple we need to all pull our fingers out and start putting our Z's into competitions and winning against these MGB's and Torana's. Problem is the Z did well in competition in it's day but not really in Australia. They raced a 2+2 at Bathurst then pulled the plug.

Shame really but things are changing and Z's are becomming more sort after.

:)

Zeds are doing well in competition, those non-owners with knowledge admit that the Zed is a good car. 1B6 is right, to put it more crudely its snobbery. I call them Eurosnobs, you have the German snobs and their overpriced, overengineered deutchwagens, then you have the British car snobs. Even though most British cars are rubbish compared with the Zed.

Japanese cars are broadly associated with the lower end of the motorsport social scale, therefore their value is tied to that. But I don't care, love porkin the Porka's LOL

260Det's pretty well spot on.

Go to a car show. Get talking with the owner of, say, an MG or Healy. Watch his eyes, (I always do), when you say, "I own a Zed".

Car shows up here usually attract over a hundred cars. A good example is Classics By The Coast, held in May last year.

All the usual marques were there; Mustangs, MG's, Fords and Holdens etc.

Mine was the ONLY ZED. I was amazed at the number of people who asked me what it was. Mainly younger people. Older people remembered them, some admitted to having owned one and had very fond memories. But the younger ones, -----------

"What is it?"

"Is it a Jag?"

"Haven't seen one of these before"

And so on and so forth.

Therein lies another part of the problem. Zeds are NOT WELL KNOWN.

Mr. & Mrs. General Public will usually identify an early Ford, Holden, MG, Chevy, Chrysler etc., but show them a Zed and you'd have no trouble at all convincing them that it's a very rare, one off prototype of a compact E Type Jag as I did about eighteen months ago. ROFLROFL

And the poor bugger BELIVED me. :stupid: :stupid:

Even if your car is NOT up to show standard, we need to put them into shows so people will start to recognise them. My "Precious" isn't up to a prize winning standard but I put her into shows at every oportunity. I'm even having people say things like, "Yes, I saw this car in Yeppoon the other day".

We need to develope the public's interest in the Zed.

I made up a board that I display at car shows detailing the Zeds success in events such as the East African Safari and the Monte Carlo Rally. Even people who claim to have owned Zeds in the past are surprised at their history.

Rick.

No worries mates! When you figure in the the 240z's accellerating ROR(Rate of Rust) factor, the supply should be shriveling like the dessert tray at an Overeaters Anonymous convention buffet. Then the people with Zs in vacuum storage will rake in the bucks! :D Victor.

Why does anyone want the prices of Zeds to rise !?!?

I cant understand it...Im not going to sell mine, so why do I care if its worth $15,000, or $50,000.

I didnt think that most of the crowd here were the "I wouldn't sell my zed...unless it was the right price"...I guess economics always wins out :disappoin

Meanwhile If I want to buy a 240 to do up I have to pay $4,000 for a rusted out bucket of junk :(

Bring those prices down I say !

Those are your typical American vices:

1- Vanity

2- Greed

3- Fear

In that order. "Americans" do everything for one or more of those reasons.

(Vanity) "I DESERVE a $50,000 car because I have a good job, and I'll look great."

(Greed) "Look at my $50,000 car. It's great."

(Fear) if I don't have a $50,000 car, people will think I'm a loser."

Even people who drive a Zed do it:

(Vanity) "I love my cool Zed with the rust spot and the worn seats."

(Greed) "I want a Zed with the carbs and the 150 hp L24."

(Fear) "I want to get a Zed before they're all rusted apart or cost $50,000!"

:D

Im glad I held off posting.

I could have said something vain LOL.

Seriously my Z has never been about the cost of building it or the money I'd get back if I "WERE" to sell her. It's been about completing a project and improving the car aethetically and mechanically and doing a job of the upmost highest standard.

Then just enjoying the ride!

Those are your typical American vices:

1- Vanity

2- Greed

3- Fear

In that order. "Americans" do everything for one or more of those reasons.

Those are the BIG THREE, but I don't think you'll find that these are limited to "Americans". There is plenty of all of these things throughout the world.

Yair Carl, your dead right mate. We've got our share of greedy, money hungry buggers down here as well. Does the name Christopher Skase mean anything to you ????

Why do I want to see the value of Zeds go UP?

Because they DESERVE to be at least as expesive as an MGB or C, Healey 3000,Triumph etc. I've had my share of snobbish owners look down their noses at me when I mention the word ZED. I even had the owner of a pissy little Sprite say I was crazy.

I intend for "Precious" to be passed on through my future descendants as a family heirloom. It's the recognition for a great little car that I want, not the dollars.

Gavin,

A snippet of info that might interest you is that in the Australian Southern Cross Rally held in 1972, Zeds took out 1st in it's class and 2nd overall.

Rick.